ANSYS - Run - unless you aspire to be mediocre and love the status quo | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ANSYS

"Run - unless you aspire to be mediocre and love the status quo"

Former Employee - Sales in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Sales in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

- Good benefits
- Strong business model

Cons

- No customer focus
- Senior management focus is ONLY Profits - increase top line or cut costs until bottom line improves.
- No interest in innovation at all except for lip service.

Advice to Management

Time to stop buying companies at 8X revenues and come up with some "real" in-house innovation at a much lower cost - and I don't mean e-notebook!

Other Employee Reviews for ANSYS

"Do not work for ANSYS!"

Former Employee - Support/Services Employee in Lebanon, NH
    Former Employee - Support/Services Employee in Lebanon, NH

Pros

The atmosphere is generally casual and professional in the NH office. The vast majority of employees in the NH office are very cordial and professional. Work environment was very pleasant, and I was very satisfied with the hands-off management style of most managers.

Cons

Your job will not be at all secure in the current climate. Executives seem very two-faced and only look out for themselves. I am not the only one who feels wrongly terminated and has lost much respect for those in upper management during the most recent layoff. No reasons were given for termination; only that it was not merit-based. Did they just draw names from a hat? They even fired a janitor!

The executives claim that there were budgetary reasons for the RIF, but the SEC website reports bonuses on the order of 80-100% for executives. Jim Cashman's bonus was over 100% (just above $500k). How does he sleep at night?

Advice to Management

Keep the well-qualified people you have. During tough times, be more scrutinous of those who do not produce results instead of slapping in the face those who do. I had a deep passion for what I did for ANSYS and felt very offended after the layoff process. Offer a pay cut (I said I would take one but was denied). Be respectful and give those you cut the information and reasons for termination that they deserve. Don't just abruptly turn your back. Executives should either defer their bonus compensation or reduce it altogether. Lead by example and allow yourself the 15% that you give everyone else.

2. "Good place for an undergrad intern"

Former Intern - R&D Engineering Intern in Bengaluru (India)
    Former Intern - R&D Engineering Intern in Bengaluru (India)

I worked at ANSYS as an intern

Pros

All persons working in here are really helpfull. You can see the real team work here,
    There is no visibile heirarhcy in the company.
    Good pay for interns.
    Low work pressure for interns.
    You will be able to work in their huge codebase. Not many company gives this previlege to interns.

Cons

You wont be able to build things from scratch. Work will most probably be adding features to existing codebase or fixing bugs.

Advice to Management

Nothing