AOL - Best Sales Environment I have worked in my Career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AOL

"Best Sales Environment I have worked in my Career"

Current Employee - Account Executive
Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at AOL full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture, Products, Clear Mission, Resources, Benefits, Salary, Bonus Structure

Cons

In Need of Rebranding to the Public

Other Employee Reviews for AOL

"I loved working at AOL"

I worked at AOL full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture and the people are great at AOL. The teams are very collaborative and you really feel like you are a part of a company that wants to win. They support a flexible work schedule and let you come in and do your job with out the micro management that you find at so many companies. They also sell almost every type of digital advertising from display, text ads, search, local and those can vary from performance based campaigns, branding, re-targeting, behavioral, geo-targeted, etc. so each client has a custom plan based on their needs.

Cons

The only con I can think of is their training program for new hires could be more robust.

2. "Lack of direction, Too many dinosaurs and Egos"

I have been working at AOL full-time

Pros

Great facilities, campus is great. Gym. Lot of state of the art technologies and lots of data to play around with.

Cons

Most people would have been here 10 years or more. In most companies this would validate the employer. Here, it just shows these people are survivors and bitter after surviving all those layoffs. Knowledge transfer is minimal as people dont wanna share too much in case they become less valuable. Also a lot of arrogance comes after surviving dozens of layoffs. Lot of cliques around and its hard to find someone cool and secure enough to mentor and help new employees find their way.

Advice to Management

People who dont even have college degrees making it to VP levels is fine (in fact, credit to them though in AOL's case its probably someone who has been there since high school) but when they dont have basic communication skills and manners and strut around with huge egos makes them the worst people to work for. Management, you know who you are.