APAC Customer Services - Easy to get a job, good place to build a niche or start a career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for APAC Customer Services

"Easy to get a job, good place to build a niche or start a career"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They do not discriminate in hiring.. so you will be working in a truly diverse workplace. I am over 40 and was hired the same day I applied. 2 week vacation is nice and you are able to pretty much get the days you want off. Excellent training, basically they are developing consulting skills in you which you can take anywhere. Gives you a resume "niche" which means you can find work almost anywhere. Most of the team leads and managers care about the people that work with them.

Cons

Some very bad experiences as well, saw 40 people get fired in a single day in front of everyone else. Not good. Served us cold hot dogs for Christmas, reflects management's valuing of employees, that and the stale tiny lollipop for customer service day. Human resources not on your side. Management cannot handle any feedback yet insist you take there's. Some managers are hypocritical -- do as I say not as I do.

Advice to Management

You don't live the mission statement on your screen savers. If you lived them you would not have the 80% turnover that happens in this place. Respect your agents more. Agents generate revenue yet are treated well by HR and mgmt. Small mindedness rules here. They missed the 90s memo on servant leadership.

Other Employee Reviews for APAC Customer Services

"Low Company Morale"

Current Employee - Customer Service Professional in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Professional in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Medical, Dental, Life, and Vision insurance for employees right away.

Full-time hours with set schedule and weekends off or one weekend day off depending on program.

Flexible dress code.

Bonuses.

2 weeks vacation after only one year of service.

Friendly coworkers and trainers.

Easy to get hired.

Cons

Low Morale (Our training class was awarded a pizza party for 100% attendance and they took it away from us one hour before lunch the day our pizza was due. Nobody brought lunches and some people didn't have any money to go buy one...they claimed they took it away because one person had a doctor appointment that was not pre-approved even though it was, so they punished us for their error of not documenting the approval, and then waited until the day of our party to tell us. Talk about demotivating your employees.)

Low pay compared to other call centers. Alta Resources and Convergys both start out at $2-$4 more per hour than APAC. APAC offers up to a $2 bonus however they are hard to get and can be taken away if your quality scores go down any...again...low morale.

Major lack of motivation as they are quick to take things away from you instead of reward you.

Very strict attendance policy compared to other companies.

Very strict break and lunch policies and times, being on the phone for 8 hours is tiring and back aching...should offer something to assist.

You don't get to make a "home away from home" at your desk because they are shared with others.

Advice to Management

Fix the low morale issue and motivate your employees. Stop taking bonuses away, we earned them and should keep them, no wonder you go through so many employees.

"Terrible Policies"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Davenport, IA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Davenport, IA

I worked at APAC Customer Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits after first 30 days, can enroll on first day of employment.
    Onsite food vendors at reasonable pricing.

Cons

LOTS of good employees quitting or being let go due to strict attendance and dress code policies. Management needs to take into account that people asking 3 months in advance for time off usually have an important event that they need the time off for and get back to them in a timely manner.

Advice to Management

Take into consideration extenuating circumstances. Life happens and sometimes employees need time to take care of situations. Also, when a pregnant woman comes to you MONTHS in advance with a schedule of doctor's appointments, don't force her to deduct days from her maternity leave/FMLA in order to keep her job.