APAC Customer Services - Great start for employment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for APAC Customer Services

"Great start for employment."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative - APAC in Greensboro, NC
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative - APAC in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work only one day out the weekend.

Cons

Not organized and lack of communication.

Advice to Management

Accurate information and communication.

Other Employee Reviews for APAC Customer Services

"By far the worst work environment I have ever experienced."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at APAC Customer Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only good part about working for this company was that the schedules were fairly flexible although that usually came in the form of unpaid time off.

Cons

Let me start off by saying unless you're totally desperate, like you're going to die of starvation unless you find a job soon desperate, do yourself a huge favor and avoid this company. There are so many cons to the site that I worked at for this company that I can't even begin to list them all. The first thing you have to understand about this place is that their business model is 100% built to exploit their workers and give it to a select few in management and the corporate offices. There's a reason if you look at their site locations that all their sites are located in low-income areas, it's so they can pay as little as possible to their employees while generating huge returns from their clients. My co-workers all acted like they were in elementary school, shouting and laughing all day, in a call center where people are supposed to be helping customers on the phone no-less. They never did any work while the couple people that actually cared to work had to do everything. Management was even worse than my co-workers. They told us constantly how great of a job we were doing and it was our hard work that really turned the site around etc. Then in the next sentence basically tell us things like how we're too greedy and expecting them to pay us too much and take away our tiny hourly bonuses that we got. Our site director easily made into the 6-figure range per year and arrogantly told us one day how he doesn't do half the work he's supposed to do! Then has the nerve to tell us we expect too much when we were making wages that even at full time put most people right on the poverty line if not below it. Basically my point is you'll get no respect from anyone if you're the kind of person that actually goes to work expecting to work. Your co-workers will dump all their work on you while they screw around, then management will criticize you, one of the few people doing what they're supposed to, for expecting your hard work to allow you to live even slightly above poverty levels.

Advice to Management

Even if you share advice with this companies management they won't listen.

"It's the machine..."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at APAC Customer Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job. If you act professional and do your job then guess what, you get paid, don't get fired, and possibly may get bonuses. They hire from within so most people started out as reps.
    this is a great opportunity to
    1. Get a job - the market is tough. So if you are looking and need something to pay your bills. This is quick and easy hire.
    2. Make extra money - Esp. if you get the schedule you request. You can make some money and go to school, work it for a few months, work it during the summer or holiday season.
    3. Start a career - yes I said career, because they hire from within if you show initiative and excel at your job, think of the jobs skills you can list on your resume once you elevate. Say you become team lead, supervisor, or trainer. Those are VERY transferable skills ESPECIALLY if you know how to write a resume. I don't know what they pay (I don't think its a lot from the glassdoor salary reviews) but guess what you now have the skills to change jobs and really start your career. All because you took your job seriously.

they actually have a full benefits package that starts after 90 days.

Cons

Its a call center. Its the machine. Daily hiring, firing, quitting. I have never felt so much like a drone in my life. sometimes I wonder "How did I get here?" It less about the people and value as an employee. My first time working in an environment like this. THE MACHINE.

Training is for the lowest common denominator, so if that's not you, it can be REALLY LONG AND FRUSTRATING. What should take a day, takes a week.