API Technologies - Cursed by M&A | Glassdoor

"Cursed by M&A"

Pros

Aggressive growing company that tries to do interesting manufacturing and technical things.

Cons

Unplanned, unorganized growth by M&A resulting in work place chaos. No communication except when pink slips are issued to reduce the expense side of their businesses. No due diligence examining capabilities, expenses, potential or skill sets beyond what can be sold to an investor group.

Advice to Management

Stop rolling the dice and consolidate the organization into some biz space the management team actually understands.

Other Employee Reviews for API Technologies

1. "We are seeing results from all the work!"

Current Employee - Middle Management in State College, PA
    Current Employee - Middle Management in State College, PA

I have been working at API Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It has been an arduous process, however we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and netting results.

Cons

Some people gave up before the ship turned.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your people and trust our opinions.

API Technologies Response

Nov 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Our dedication to improving is, in my opinion, what sets us apart. Thanks for your feedback!

2. "Avoid the Pain - Check for Fit (See Advice to Mgt. below)"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Delmar, MD
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Delmar, MD

I worked at API Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people
    Friendly, supportive coworkers
    Knowledgeable

Cons

Nothing else matters if you are not a good fit for the communiation style of your boss!
    (Read all comments in section below, Advice to Management.)

Advice to Management

Get the hiring manager invested in the hiring process, assuming greater responsibility for the risks. Have him spend time in person with potential candidates in an informal environment, and plant tour discussing the role and expectations of the position. Repeat. Repeat again, include other key people. (45 min. in a conference room 1X is not enough) Shorten the time between initial interview and start date.

Once hired, commit to your decision and fully support the new employee. Be considerate and compassionate in your use of "at will" employment policies or the company will be unable to get and retain the talent they desire. Treat your employees with respect, train, encourage and reward innovation and process improvement. Build successful teams through empowerment and encouragement, not fear.

Until significant changes are made, future employees would be wise to read the above comments and assess their own fit to their future boss'. Be advised that once hired the following may not be enough to keep the job long: recognized progress on the job, a reputation of prior success in the same role in other organizations, great recommendations and ongoing support of coworkers locally and beyond.

-Lesson Learned the Hard Way

API Technologies Response

Nov 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Thank you for the feedback. We are committed to creating a culture of trust and respect where we do encourage and reward innovation and process improvement. I'm disappointed to hear about some of... More