APS Healthcare - Quite good | Glassdoor

"Quite good"

Current Employee - Health Professional in Brookfield, WI
Current Employee - Health Professional in Brookfield, WI

Pros

Senior mgmt puts effort into connecting with us more so than other places I have worked. The work we do is so important to needy and sick Americans. My boss and her boss make me feel important.

Cons

Government contracts make job security shaky. We hear about programs being cancelled or closed in other states. Budgets are really tight trying to get by with fewer staff than we used to have, makes for pressure and stress.

Advice to Management

Better pay, more appreciation for what the everyday employee does, profit sharing.

Other Employee Reviews for APS Healthcare

"APS"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great Staff, Great Memeber. The type of job could have been great!

Cons

Micro Management, Poor Leadership, Restrictive, Every sec at work is accounted for. No room to breath.

Advice to Management

Listern to your staff. They are the ones having to do the day to day. They know what will work and what won't.

"It's all about the bottom line"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

Pros

The people here are great to work with. Some of the most hard working, down to earth individuals.

Cons

Management lacks communication skills necessary to make good leaders. Fluffing employee surveys and not working to actually fix the problems within the company. Often not thinking through decisions initially and then having to go back and make the same decisions all over again. Unfortunately they do not learn from past mistakes. Independent thinking and creative minds are not rewarded but can most likely lead to your early retiremet.

Advice to Management

Learn to listen to your employees. Without the "little guy" there would be no bottom line. HR needs to be revamped. Rewards for hard work, it does not make your employees work harder if the only ones getting bonuses and raises are senior management.