ARC Document Solutions - Someone needs to communicate to the local employees, especially at OCB/CR | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ARC Document Solutions

"Someone needs to communicate to the local employees, especially at OCB/CR"

Current Employee - Field Technician in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Field Technician in Irvine, CA

Pros

Field service, not locked to a desk all day, Excellent Benefits. OCB has generous time off policies.

Cons

Local Management does not, and has not in the last year or so communicate to employees during the downturn in the housing and construction market, where the company is headed. Just lots of Pink Slips on Thursdays. generous time off, but most employees do not take vacation as allowed, and end up not taking advantage of this policy with "too busy" remarks on returned on disapproved vacation tickets, due to layoffs resulting in skeleton staffing. Field Techs are getting killed by rising fuel prices, with NO hope of ANY help from the company. I fully expect retaliation/termination from the company if they use their legal force to disclose my identity. "Ethics Point" is a joke, designed to protect department managers.

Advice to Management

For the local Management at OCB - Talk to your employees. Why not follow the Senior Corporate management at ARC and COMMUNICATE to your people what is happening at the company. We like our jobs, and enjoy the work we do, but in the last year this has become an unsatisfying place to work. Sr. Management at ARC is TRYING to keep things moving in the right direction, but local management seems to be stuck in the 1970's with their thinking. Panic first, react later.

Other Employee Reviews for ARC Document Solutions

1. "they have been good to me"

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at this company for two years. in that two years they have been very good to me. My schedule is flexible and they make it easy to balance work life and family life. micromanaging is not an issue working here which is something I refuse to do. laid back atmosphere and I have great coworkers

Cons

there is NO training when you start. for the first month I was almost clueless cause there were no procedures in place for anything. Growth is also something that is lacking in this company as well as raises. there is NO vacation time...it comes out of your PTO time. upper management needs work as well.

2. "Alameda"

Pros

I had a good boss, great to work with

Cons

they are so into customer satisfaction they don't worry about employee satisfaction.