ARINC - This is a white collar sweatshop. Lots of noncompensated overtime. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ARINC

"This is a white collar sweatshop. Lots of noncompensated overtime."

Pros

Good benefits, age based retirement company contributions. Well known and respected. Able to compete with large integrators like Lockheed, Boeing, Northrop Grumman. Small company culture but solid ISO 9000 and AS9100 processes.

Cons

The Carlyle Group will be the death of this company. Talented people are leaving the company in droves. It's really sad to see what's happening with the culture. John Belcher, CEO, wanted to take the company public and allowed the Carlyle to buy the company in a leveraged buy out. Despite paying off the debt, Carlyle has done nothing positive for the company. I thought I'd be with this company until retirement, but I see little future here unless Carlyle sells to a company that will make a commitment to growth.

Other Employee Reviews for ARINC

1. "Great technologies, too much internal politics"

Pros

Very good technologies, with a lot of potential. ARINC gave me an opportunity to develop know how and skills necessary to handle airport complex IT projects

Cons

BEsides the above, there is too much internal politics, which negatively affect emplyees morale. Not so much space for self development and no perspectives of a decent career path, even after successful delivery of a very complex airport project.

Advice to Management

Respect your emplyees and reward them for doing a good job. Stop demanding more for less money - you will only discourage talented people and force them go elsewhere

"Carlyle is ruining the company"

Pros

Flexible hours
    Potential for fun work depending on funding availability

Cons

Carlyle & Senior management are ruining this company. Company has been meeting goals every year, yet raises/bonuses are poor and benefits keep declining. Nothing is worse than getting the "great job on meeting goals we couldn't have done it without all your hard work" speech, and then a few days later getting an email stating that once again benefits will be reduced in order to make the company stronger. What a bunch of BS, it's all about Carlyle greed. Sr management obviously doesn't understand many of the business units, nor do they listen to inputs from those who work directly with customers. There is not much job security, if you loose tasking you will most likely be let go. Morale is low and not getting any better. I thought I would stay with this company until retirement, but now after 15 years I'm reconsidering. This company has become another example of overpaid CEO/Wall Street type greed.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to sqeeze every penny of profit out of this company and get back to basics of keeping employees and customer happy.