ARINC - Sr. Staff Engineer | Glassdoor

"Sr. Staff Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer
Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer

I have been working at ARINC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The majority of people I have worked with are extremely bright and very personable. The benefits are actually pretty good here compared to other places I have worked. Management is pretty flexible with taking time off.

Cons

The company was purchased by a company who has sold off a portion of the company and is planning to sell the remaining portion very soon. They have squeezed the company dry and have not invested anything. There is an air of uncertainty about the future at the time I am writing this review.

Advice to Management

Management needs to better communicate with its employees. I should not have to find out about the important changes via word of mouth from other employees. Even my direct supervisor is kept in the dark about many things.

Other Employee Reviews for ARINC

1. "Sell Out"

Former Employee - Senior Director in Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Director in Annapolis, MD

I worked at ARINC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's a job, and in this day and age, that's important

Cons

Toxic environment where the good old boys are just waiting for the company sale and their chance to cash out. Senior management at this company - if you want to call them that, is a complete clown show. This is the most poorly managed large company I have ever been associated with. Everything has been reduced to money today, and the future and the employees have been mortgaged for the gain of the few at the top. Meanwhile, projects and departments are going to hell and they are trying to hold things together until they can sell the company and unload the shambles of this turd on the next guy. At that point the clean-up and rehabilitation will hopefully begin. Just about anyone worth their salt has left or is trying to leave. My advice would be to stay away until the situation is clearer once the new owner is announced. Then things can get better or worse.

Advice to Management

Move on, you owe your employees better. Let someone come in that actually cares about the people and the future of the business.

2. "Great place to work with"

Pros

It is a nice place to work. There are different departments in the firm which serve clients from different industries and you have more options available (if there is an opening)

Cons

Some wonderful directors and managers have moved on or are almost retirement age.