ARINC - If you can bear the toxic environment, the experience gained from ARINC is decent on a résumé. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ARINC

"If you can bear the toxic environment, the experience gained from ARINC is decent on a résumé."

I worked at ARINC full-time

Pros

Fast-paced projects with ever-changing technologies along with difficult personalities allowed me to understand my ability to persevere through almost anything. Customers made the job rewarding when they were satisfied with the progression or results of a project. The fact that you have to pick up so many responsibilities along the way really pad your résumé for a more fulfilling career elsewhere.

Cons

Satellite locations do not operate within the same guidelines as the corporate headquarters, meaning HR presence or policies are virtually non-existent. This results in employees not able to report to HR without fear of a hostile work environment, thus being abused without any repercussions.

There is a lot of sexual harassment and sexist views that make an uncomfortable environment for women. General bullying is rampant and felt as if it were rewarded since it often came from a huge amount of program managers and general upper management.

Long hours are expected and seldom rewarded or acknowledged. Satellite locations have had lay-offs as recent as mid-2013 and the general environment seems to be shaky.

Advice to Management

Require HR presence in all satellite locations and general ethics/management classes for managers (or a formal orientation) run by HR staff. Follow up with HR policies regularly.

Be more transparent about the culture and expectation of extended hours (along with the difficult personalities).

Other Employee Reviews for ARINC

1. "Was ok"

Pros

Benefits, Flexible hours with alternative work schedule. Cafeteria. Good location.

Cons

Nepotism
    Managers have favorites they share information with.
    HR is not truthful

Advice to Management

Be fair to and honest to all employees.

2. "Sr. Staff Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer

I have been working at ARINC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The majority of people I have worked with are extremely bright and very personable. The benefits are actually pretty good here compared to other places I have worked. Management is pretty flexible with taking time off.

Cons

The company was purchased by a company who has sold off a portion of the company and is planning to sell the remaining portion very soon. They have squeezed the company dry and have not invested anything. There is an air of uncertainty about the future at the time I am writing this review.

Advice to Management

Management needs to better communicate with its employees. I should not have to find out about the important changes via word of mouth from other employees. Even my direct supervisor is kept in the dark about many things.