ASCENT - Bioprocess technician for Genentech | Glassdoor
  1. "Bioprocess technician for Genentech"

Current Contractor - Bioprocess Technician in Vacaville, CA

I have been working at ASCENT for less than a year

Pros

Set up with large companies to work for that you wouldn't be looked at otherwise.

Cons

Low pay, no benefits and no actual confirmation that you'll get hired on permanently for the company you're working at.

ASCENT2017-08-29

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Ascent is AWESOME"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Concord, CA

I have been working at ASCENT full-time

Pros

Responsive and have a good client base. Michael and LaReesa are stellar advocates!

Cons

Havent worked with them for very long so none at the moment. Thanks

ASCENT2019-04-19

"On the Bubble...ALL THE TIME"

Former Employee - Reporting Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at ASCENT full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hands down THE Best manager I have ever worked for. Salt of the Earth, never gets angry but does offer encouragement all the time. IT industry needs more people like him.

Cons

Pay is less than market average. Without a doubt, this is a service oriented business. I really enjoyed the time I spent when employed here but the writing was on the wall for me, I just don't fit in at this company. If you come from a Help Desk environment then you may be OK. Everything you do, minute by minute has to be entered into a timesheet. My manager said I needed to carry a tablet, pencil, and stopwatch with me at all times. Your timesheet needs to reflect minute by minute entries. So if someone calls you, start your stopwatch and record the number of minutes you are on the phone, with who, and most importantly...The Job Number. What's a Job Number? Well, each help desk ticket has a job number and you need to record the time you spend working on that ticket. Here's the tough part, when you enter the time into your timesheet you need to enter it as billable time. Therefore anytime someone talks to you it has to be billable time. The client on the phone has to pay the bill, the time spent talking to you. Well, if you're like me, I walk into the office in the morning and say "Good Morning, how are you doing today?" to my fellow coworkers. They answer back and now I just wasted 10 minutes with no job number to bill to. Later I need a cup of coffee, go to the bathroom, answering inter office emails, and other little non billable things that adds up to 10 minutes here and 10 minutes there and no place to put them on my timesheet because I don't have a job number. By the end of the day I'm 42 minutes short. The company does not like "water cooler chatter". You should not be talking to fellow employees. Even if you want to share expertise, if you don't have a job number, it is not allowed. When I call a fellow employee on the phone, the first thing they ask for is a job number. If you don't have one they hang up. At the end of the month a report is generated, how much did you bill and how much does it cost to have you as an employee. A profitability report. This determines if you will stay with the company or leave. If you like daily pressure, you will be OK here. I was only going to give this place one star because of the high pressure and low pay but the manager earned them another star for being a positive person.

Advice to Management

Things like expertise should be quantified in your profitability report. Otherwise, you will end up mindless diligent timesheet worker bees and worker bees with expertise with fly away.

ASCENT2018-10-31

Discover more reviews about ASCENT.