ASDA - Provisions Colleague | Glassdoor

"Provisions Colleague"

Pros

Salary is good. Benifits include 10% discount in store and christmas discount days. Nightshift pays time and a half, and is easier work.

Cons

Goals set from managers can sometimes seem questionable. Not all customers want to be forced to follow you to a product, and would rather be directed to the number isle. However if you are caught not following a set procedure then you will get in trouble.

Other Employee Reviews for ASDA

"Fun while it lasted"

Pros

Really good training program if used correctly

Cons

not enough assistance when needed

Advice to Management

Communication is the key

2. "Lack of organisational structure and companies three main principles are just words"

I have been working at ASDA part-time

Pros

The people you work with all stick together as everyone is in the same boat. The pay per hour is more competitive than other retail jobs

Cons

In the store that I work in there is little sign of ASDA's so called three main principles, the main one that seems to have got lost in translation is respect for the individual. The store that I work in has a more autocratic leadership style, meaning that nearly all levels of management pass down jobs which need to be carried out, although I am aware that this is what managers are expected to do, there is no motivational aspects to their leadership. Employees are constantly watched by management who seem completely unaware of how hard each employee works. There is almost no organisation within the store that I work, holiday forms are given back up to a month late and no explanation as to why the holiday has been declined. Whilst on my probation I was given one 5 minute review when I was meant to have one per week. The night managers are constantly swearing at each other or employees (who swear back, i would as well) I know the job must be stressful but there is more to being a manager than passing down jobs which need to be completed, a little guidance would be nice.

Advice to Management

I think top management should have more involvement with staff at all levels, they need to make sure that employees know their job role and put more focus on guidance, training and development. Rather than managers just walking past and looking to see how much work the employee has done, it might be nice for them to engage in a short conversation, asking how the day has been and asking if there are any problems.