AT&T - Just the solid truth | Glassdoor

"Just the solid truth"

Retail Sales Consultant in Orange, CA

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Commission: It is not as competitive as all the other carriers but you can make a decent amount of money. Lots of sales opportunities. There are many different products offered at the store so there are a variety of ways to help/sell to different types of customers. Co-Workers: There are lots of good co-workers and are fun to be around. Good benefits. Union.

Cons

Pay: The commission structure has changed. Our commission structure is based off meeting 100% of your individual goals and you are now capped at a fixed amount. Your individual goals are set based off the store's goals that are stretched to 125-200%. For example: if the store's goal in a certain metric is 100 and the company has 10 representatives, the representative's goal is not set at 10, like it should, but... anywhere between 13-20. Meaning, it is impossible for all the representatives in the store to meet their goals and because the goals are stretched. Also, each store pays commission differently, an employee at another store could have double of your sales but you could be paid the same as them because their store's quota is higher and the payout for each sale is lower for them. Micromanagement: They watch and follow you through your entire interactions.

Advice to Management

Corporate wants the company to provide great customer service and change their image. However, since upper management has created sometimes unrealistic goals, it puts pressure on lower management and also on front-line employees to overlook the company's vision. Fix that.

AT&T2016-04-23
  1. "Not Your Parents AT&T"

Former Freelancer - Associate Director in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at AT&T for more than 10 years

Pros

More diversity in Television Media and Mobile Phone than old Landline Business High Tech Digital Company

Cons

Continuous change over of employees as they eliminate expenses to meet Wall Street Expectations and repay debt

Advice to Management

Older employees made AT&T what it is today but Experience snd Salary makes you dispensable

AT&T2019-07-14

"Horrible"

Current Employee - IT Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Decent benefits- that’s about it

Cons

HORRIBLE COMPANY! Constant layoffs! Management has also restricted Telecommuting. Employees used to be able to work from home all the time- now it is limited to 4 times a month. Impossible to find workspace at corporate locations- everything is “drop in” and you need to haul all your stuff into the office daily. Long hours and absolutely NO WORK LIFE BALANCE. Management does not care that you have a life... outside of “the Death Star”. Try to leave or work from home with a sick kid, and you get written up! And I am a high level IT professional.

Advice to Management

IT employees need the flexibility you once gave us. We have ZERO WORK LIFE BALANCE. Over time, the best and brightest WILL LEAVE ATT. My coworkers and I are all just marking time. Waiting for the surplus and package- at which time we will take our talents elsewhere. ATT will be left only with the employees on the right side of the bell curve who are nowhere approaching top Talent if they don’t change the... culture DRASTICALLY TO BE MORE EMPLOYEE DRIVEN!

AT&T2018-08-15

Discover more reviews about AT&T.