AT&T - A Solid Company to work for | Glassdoor

"A Solid Company to work for"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant, Retention Specialist in Homestead, FL

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Health Benefits, 401K match, incentives and commission, great perks like discounts on their services to employees.

Cons

Work life balance could be a challenge sometimes. Moving up can take some time, you may need to network more to move forward with a great career.

AT&T2016-05-02
  1. "Research intern"

Current Intern - Research Scientist in Austin, TX

I have been working at AT&T for less than a year

Pros

Great team work and cordial atmosphere

Cons

Some time change of path. Happens in research.

AT&T2019-08-02

"Horrible"

Current Employee - IT Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Decent benefits- that’s about it

Cons

HORRIBLE COMPANY! Constant layoffs! Management has also restricted Telecommuting. Employees used to be able to work from home all the time- now it is limited to 4 times a month. Impossible to find workspace at corporate locations- everything is “drop in” and you need to haul all your stuff into the office daily. Long hours and absolutely NO WORK LIFE BALANCE. Management does not care that you have a life outside of “the Death Star”. Try to leave or work from home with a sick kid, and you get written up! And I am a high level IT professional.

Advice to Management

IT employees need the flexibility you once gave us. We have ZERO WORK LIFE BALANCE. Over time, the best and brightest WILL LEAVE ATT. My coworkers and I are all just marking time. Waiting for the surplus and package- at which time we will take our talents elsewhere. ATT will be left only with the employees on the right side of the bell curve who are nowhere approaching top Talent if they don’t change the culture DRASTICALLY TO BE MORE EMPLOYEE DRIVEN!

AT&T2018-08-15

Discover more reviews about AT&T.