AT&T - I love my career at AT&T | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"I love my career at AT&T"

Current Employee - Principal Business Manager in Alpharetta, GA
Current Employee - Principal Business Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

AT&T has opened my world to possibilies! AT&T has a career platform that is rich in opportunity. It provides so many areas of interest you have the stay with one company and work in very different and challenging roles throughout your entire career.

Cons

The big corporate environment can make you feel like a number if you let it. You have to take control and drive your career. Get engaged and have a vision for what you see your career as. This is now a check in and check out job. You checkin and live it to make a difference.

Advice to Management

Continually challenge your employees to grow, learn, and deliver not just the things the enjoy, but the things that add value to the company and will lead the to shine.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "Field manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

The discounts are ok, rather flexible with time, ever evolving technology at your fingertips

Cons

Inconsistent messages from leadership, poor communication...the inside joke of many employees is "communication is our business, not our policy". We have union employees that think being part of the union gives them the right to be lazy and not productive. Very little incentives offered throughout the year. CHEAP AS HELL!!! Lack of use of common sense with certain issues, i.e., when a company vehicle is parked and gets hit in the parking lot, it hurts the managers yearly rating which more than not, results in a minimal raise when reviews come up at the end of the year. In other words, goals are set unattainable levels based off the current standard of measurement. Also, to get promoted, it's all about who you know, not what you know. There are an unbelievable amount of managers that should have never been moved up and are leading our side of the business into the ground.

Advice to Management

I work 60 hours a week, I bust my butt for this company, something more than a stupid e-card is needed to keep your employees happy. I know there is a budget for it, get leadership to use it for their front line manager teams!! Oh, and we need a $40 microwave for the office, can the multi-billion dollar company spare that? Or will this, like many other items, be pawned off to your employees?

2. "Technical support"

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Orlando, FL

Pros

Great benefits, lots of training and support

Cons

Constant change can be stressful. Also can take 7yrs to get M-F 8-5 shift

Advice to Management

Get rid of of problem managers .They bring down the moral of the center. More M-F morning shifts needed.