AT&T - My experience at AT&T was stressful and unforgiving. I was shown no appreciation for the performance goals I reached. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"My experience at AT&T was stressful and unforgiving. I was shown no appreciation for the performance goals I reached."

Current Employee - Call Center in Little Rock, AR
Current Employee - Call Center in Little Rock, AR

Pros

Good if you're young and have no kids, or anything that will keep you from missing work. You get good med/dental/vision/life benefits as soon as you start working. The phone plan discounts aren't much of a perk because its monitored.

Cons

AT&T is the most unethical company I have ever worked for, working as a customer assistant for their Broadband Internet Service. They tack on more and more job duties to your position for so little pay. Your job performance can not be lacking or they will put you on an action plan (e.g. steps you will take to make monthly goal or you will not have a job). AT&T does not tolerate being late or absences. They don't care if you have kids or not. You will be required to work the needs of the business or you will not have a job. You cannot have a family/life and work there. If you are going to school they will not excuse you for anytime off. The environment can be very stressful, working long hours and being very micro-managed. It is a high-school atmosphere where people gossip and can not be trusted, even management. They don't care about their employees, you are dispensable!

Advice to Management

Managements' expectations for employees meeting monthly stats/goals set is unrealistic more than half the time. Before micro-managing and advising what I should have done alternatively during my customer call, make sure you know how to perform the duties of my position.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "Very informative, have great training, but you have to learn to kiss a lot *****"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in West Palm Beach, FL

Pros

compensation, fun work environment most of time

Cons

stressful at times, lots of turnover, don't sell wired you are Fired that's the joke...it's not just a cell phone job

Advice to Management

more work life balance...the scheduling tool needs more work, need to help rep with stress levels in store

2. "Terrible place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Pay and Benefits are great.

Cons

Miserable job. Cons too numerous to list. There is absolutely zero leadership from the top. They need to start by firing Stephenson and work their way down. The company ran much better with Whitacre.

Advice to Management

They are clueless. I don't know what to say to solve the multiple problems this company has. I'm surprised they are still in business.