AT&T - My experience at AT&T was stressful and unforgiving. I was shown no appreciation for the performance goals I reached. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"My experience at AT&T was stressful and unforgiving. I was shown no appreciation for the performance goals I reached."

Current Employee - Call Center in Little Rock, AR
Current Employee - Call Center in Little Rock, AR

Pros

Good if you're young and have no kids, or anything that will keep you from missing work. You get good med/dental/vision/life benefits as soon as you start working. The phone plan discounts aren't much of a perk because its monitored.

Cons

AT&T is the most unethical company I have ever worked for, working as a customer assistant for their Broadband Internet Service. They tack on more and more job duties to your position for so little pay. Your job performance can not be lacking or they will put you on an action plan (e.g. steps you will take to make monthly goal or you will not have a job). AT&T does not tolerate being late or absences. They don't care if you have kids or not. You will be required to work the needs of the business or you will not have a job. You cannot have a family/life and work there. If you are going to school they will not excuse you for anytime off. The environment can be very stressful, working long hours and being very micro-managed. It is a high-school atmosphere where people gossip and can not be trusted, even management. They don't care about their employees, you are dispensable!

Advice to Management

Managements' expectations for employees meeting monthly stats/goals set is unrealistic more than half the time. Before micro-managing and advising what I should have done alternatively during my customer call, make sure you know how to perform the duties of my position.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "Very informative, have great training, but you have to learn to kiss a lot *****"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in West Palm Beach, FL

Pros

compensation, fun work environment most of time

Cons

stressful at times, lots of turnover, don't sell wired you are Fired that's the joke...it's not just a cell phone job

Advice to Management

more work life balance...the scheduling tool needs more work, need to help rep with stress levels in store

2. "Awsome Place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great perks, Great training that can be use wi th any other sales job.
    Commissions and contests were great also.

Cons

Long hours.. Very agressive goals. Everyone wants the Iphone no mater what it does.
    Managment wasnt too accessable at times.