AT&T - Associate Director Technology Development | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Associate Director Technology Development"

Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development in Bothell, WA
Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development in Bothell, WA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.

Support for women in technical leadership roles.

Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.

Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.

Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.

Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.

Cons

Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.

Advice to Management

Love the technology talks from ATO collaboration zones.

AT&T Response

Jul 24, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We are pleased to hear that you feel we are reaching above and beyond when it comes to diversity and inclusion, as this is very important to us as a company. Thank you for positive your input and... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Dispatcher"

Former Employee - Uverse Dispatcher in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Uverse Dispatcher in Southfield, MI

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary is great and so are the bonuses. Nice break areas and clean restrooms. Most of the managers are helpful. Upper management is very understanding when it comes to your personal life. There is an opportunity for you to change your schedule every few months. Which gives you a chance to have a life.

Cons

Rest Room breaks. You only have 2 minutes to go to the restroom. The breaks are short & the area you have your breaks are far so by the time you get in the break room your break is over.

Advice to Management

Be a little more understanding to people's natural needs.

2. "Come here if you want to change the world"

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A world inside a company - so many things you can do in your career here
    You can help change the world in which you live
    Great benefits and employee resources, including several ERGs
    High demand for what we do - There will always be a need for communication, technology and entertainment - and you can get it all in one company

Cons

Not enough women in senior leadership positions - heavily skewed to white males
    Downsizing culture - can be stressful even if you're a high performer since downsizing happens by group - an entire group can be cut or outsourced including the high performers
    Remote workers (outside Dallas area or hub cities) don't get visibility to leadership
    Can be a tendency to work long hours - heavy workloads with a lot of cross-organizational teaming required to help others succeed

Advice to Management

AT&T can be considered a big ship on a stormy sea, navigating in ever changing environments. We sink or swim as a team. Changing the performance plan to award more IPI dollars to fewer people doesn't create a team based culture. People work very hard here and it breeds discontent when some high performers get IPI dollars and others don't due to limited distribution instructions from HR. I have been top rated and received IPI awards and I don't think the money is worth the cost to our culture. We have to collaborate and work together - the IPI changes to further limit who gets those dollars are counter-intuitive to that. There are other ways to recognize leadership and strong performance - promote people instead, recognize them other ways, and spread the annual performance dollars equally across teams. The other components of compensation don't keep pace with the cost of living and can be frankly insulting. Consider the TV show Below Deck - everyone is in the same boat, and everyone gets the same tip. Peer pressure and management fixes the slackers. At the end of the job, everyone gets the same reward. Create a culture of collaboration and in every action support that culture. If people are driven only by money, they'll leave for that. People driven by wanting to change the world together will stay. Those are the people we want.

Discover more reviews about AT&T.