AT&T - Started at 19. Never figured I would stay there. Fact is, there are not many jobs out there with the pay and benefits. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"Started at 19. Never figured I would stay there. Fact is, there are not many jobs out there with the pay and benefits."

Former Employee - Call Center in Anaheim, CA
Former Employee - Call Center in Anaheim, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

401k and pension. I left on an early retirement lump sum pension payout. Honestly, for the job I did, compared to other jobs, I was overpaid. NO cost medical, up until 2010, which included the whole family. Now it is about $75 a month for family coverage.

Cons

Strict attendance policy. Not to impressed wirh management. No longer is there job security.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "Great company to work for."

Former Employee - Public Communications Tech in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Public Communications Tech in Columbus, OH

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay and Benefits were excellent.

Cons

Laid me off because of department closing.

2. "Customer service rep - NOT worth it"

Current Employee - Call Center in Wheeling, WV
    Current Employee - Call Center in Wheeling, WV

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You do get a small paycheck and of course some of the people you work with are awesome. It's a job, not a career.

Cons

Pretty much everything except the small paycheck. The pay is horrible and there is no moving up in the company. The union takes dues out of that little paycheck but they don't do anything they are supposed to do. Admin only follows the contract when it suits them.

Advice to Management

Treat customer service reps A LOT better. Stop changing things that don't need changed. Realize that the statistics you follow do not reflect how good or bad the rep is, instead, it shows the true colors of customers. Also, realize the ACE survey is completely unfair and indicates more of what customers feel about the company rather than how their interaction was with the rep.