AT&T - Great Company - Poor Management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"Great Company - Poor Management"

Former Employee - Retail Management in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Retail Management in Chicago, IL

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At&t is a great company to work for with great benefits. Positions outside of retail are very promising and can lead to a great career. Benefits are plentiful and you can work with some good people. Compensation is good for most positions with at&t as well.

Cons

Poor RETAIL MANAGEMENT. Stay out of RETAIL. If you're a manager you will deal with lazy union employees, incompetent senior management, and working 50 hours a week to barely make 60,000. You only receive two weeks paid vacation for anything less than 5 years being with the company and if you do decide to take a vacation it is frowned upon. STAY OUT OF RETAIL

Advice to Management

Hire Senior Managers who care about their employees and your employees will care about customers

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "Good place to work, Easy to make money."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Newington, CT
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Newington, CT

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely easy sales, if you are an aggressive person you can make a decent commission. Most co workers were easy to get along with. Managers were helpful at times.

Cons

At&t is constantly changing its policies, managers are leaving as fast as they came in. Sometimes the monthly goals were a bit high.

Advice to Management

During my time with this company I noticed co-workers struggling with some aspects of their job instead of managers trying to help those people out they would write them up. It seemed they did this to keep their job.

"It was a great stepping stone to my career in the high tech business"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Morristown, NJ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Morristown, NJ

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of positions available if you want to make a lateral or upward move. They take chances on people and want them to excel. At least that was my experience, perhaps I was lucky. :)

Cons

Big company, lots of annoying paperwork and processes that you will find in big companies. Har to get things done as technical resources are committed to projects nearly years in advance.

Advice to Management

Find the hidden gems and promote them without some elongated process.