AT&T - Quality and Integrity replaced by corrupted management’s own interests - fraudulent efficiency requirements rule the day | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"Quality and Integrity replaced by corrupted management’s own interests - fraudulent efficiency requirements rule the day"

Current Employee - Technician in McHenry, IL
Current Employee - Technician in McHenry, IL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy most all my customers and the work itself is rewarding. Met a lot of great co-workers along the way - many of us share a bond, in that we suffer along side each other.

Cons

2standards to fulfill: directly conflicting
Standard1: MSOC a/k/a‘the beast’- PremTechEfficiency#s: determined rationally conclusive only in another cosmos.

Standard2: “EverythingElse” –CustomerSatisfaction,Integrity,Values,Procedures,Policy,Safety, Conduct.

Truth of the matter: PTmgr concerned only w/Standard1: his bonus equals MSOC#s. Therefore, Standard1 is THE driving force. EverythingElse, secondary.
PT knows mgr’s priority: must–feed–beast. So, short TimeSheet, cut corners/safety, overbill, ie.cheat. If he doesn’t, beast goes hungry, & he walks the green mile. Numerically impossible to meet both standards, managers look the other way…unless you’re a ‘problem’: (employee who maintains integrity) Eventually, integrity WILL drop efficiency#s & manager uses either standard to document insubordination. PTmanagers sell their souls, look conscientious employees in the eye, describe disappointing failure; obliterate stellar careers; financially ruin dedicated employees / breadwinners. ..and yet, they look like everyone else…never know they sleep in pods in the backyard…

Advice to Management

to the brass: I am working within a culture of corruption, sanctioned by you. You are fully aware of the immorality within your company – you put it there. The peasants are pleading for mercy. Do you not care?

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

"My experience at AT&T."

Current Contractor - Network Services/Support Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Contractor - Network Services/Support Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AT&T as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Great company culture and opportunities for advancement. Pioneer of telecommunications and remains at the cutting edge of new technology. Good company to work for.

Cons

Sometimes they should be a little more proactive in some areas of the business.

"Horrible!"

Former Employee - Product Support Analyst in Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Product Support Analyst in Bothell, WA

I worked at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Other than the amount I was paid to do my job, I have nothing good to say about working for the B2B Wireless Department.

Cons

Little to no indoctrination to technical systems. Management did not want to take the time to "train" anyone. If you are not a first level manager you are a contractor to be cut at their whim. Management doesn't fully share their expectations for results, so you are left guessing even after you ask them to clarify.

Advice to Management

Take the time to actually listen to your staff and properly introduce them to the system they are asked to be responsible for.