AT&T - Retail sales associate | Glassdoor

"Retail sales associate"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Lodi, CA
Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Lodi, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay, great benefits (for full timers) co-workers are like family

Cons

High turnover rate, managers make or break the working environment, union takes a large chunk of your pay and is rarely there when you need them.

Advice to Management

Management has been hit and miss, the ones who understand how to motivate have been outstanding. Biggest advice I can give is that special treatment of certain employees is always seen no matter how much it is tried to keep under wraps.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "C"

Current Employee - Accountant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Accountant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefit with competitive vacation time, employee discount, and bonus. Overrall, it provides good supporting and resources for employees at work.

Cons

Work overload. Finger pointing within the group. Stressful work environment. Not easy to move up.

Advice to Management

Upper management seems to cut costs fiercefully to meet earning estimate. It feels like we could use more head count in our group.

"Current sales manager in a reactive company"

Current Employee - Retail Management in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Management in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people you work with, free cell service, discounted services, good benefits

Cons

At least here in Northern CA its horrible. Senior management has their head in their ass and dont know how to get it out. First we focus on sales, then we focus on going green, then we focus on customer trade ins, then we focus on training, etc... Its a never ending cycle which has led to many dis-satisifed employees working here. Metrics change constantly without the proper pay or direction.

Advice to Management

Im still with the company, so this is not reactive but more to better this company which is spiraling down! Take care of your people, especially the ones working retail. Stop crapping on their plates... it is hard to remain hungry when you only give us crap. Were paid on 5-7 metrics, so focus on those instead of the 30 metrics you have us focus on...or PAY US FOR ALL 30 METRICS. Don't hold us accountable to selling things we dont get paid on or things that customers dont want. Like tablets, paperless billing, trade ins, etc...
    And stop giving us required training's every other week. When will you allow us to take care of customers?
    Want to know why customers hate AT&T? Because your sales force is forced to shove products down their throats. So no wonder their unhappy.
    Be realistic as a company and move forward. Stop being re-active and focus on making your people happy first! I love this company because of the people I work with, but if this continues, you will lose many people in the coming months.
    And stop the politics, STOP promoting people you "like" and start promoting people that are best for the business. Its getting ridiculous because we can all see what is going on.