AT&T - Work life continues to decline | Glassdoor

"Work life continues to decline"

Former Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in Middletown, NJ

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Salary Very interesting technology Flexible work enviornment

Cons

Upper management totally disconnected from employees Lots of management propaganda (your health matters, your money matters, you matter) and little management Retirement package less generous than most companies They are in the process of pushing out older workers

Advice to Management

Consider your customers, vendors, and employees more as stake holders of the business rather than as revenue and expenses.

AT&T2018-02-10
  1. "Research intern"

Current Intern - Research Scientist in Austin, TX

I have been working at AT&T for less than a year

Pros

Great team work and cordial atmosphere

Cons

Some time change of path. Happens in research.

AT&T2019-08-02

"Horrible"

Current Employee - IT Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Decent benefits- that’s about it

Cons

HORRIBLE COMPANY! Constant layoffs! Management has also restricted Telecommuting. Employees used to be able to work from home all the time- now it is limited to 4 times a month. Impossible to find workspace at corporate locations- everything is “drop in” and you need to haul all your stuff into the office daily. Long hours and absolutely NO WORK LIFE BALANCE. Management does not care that you have a life... outside of “the Death Star”. Try to leave or work from home with a sick kid, and you get written up! And I am a high level IT professional.

Advice to Management

IT employees need the flexibility you once gave us. We have ZERO WORK LIFE BALANCE. Over time, the best and brightest WILL LEAVE ATT. My coworkers and I are all just marking time. Waiting for the surplus and package- at which time we will take our talents elsewhere. ATT will be left only with the employees on the right side of the bell curve who are nowhere approaching top Talent if they don’t change the... culture DRASTICALLY TO BE MORE EMPLOYEE DRIVEN!

AT&T2018-08-15

Discover more reviews about AT&T.