AT&T - Mostly postive regarding coworkers, equipment and training. Regular mandatory overtime for outside forces is excessive. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"Mostly postive regarding coworkers, equipment and training. Regular mandatory overtime for outside forces is excessive."

Former Employee - Technician in Miami, FL
Former Employee - Technician in Miami, FL

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good support for both outside and inside forces. Benefits and retirement plans are available. Providing a vital service to the community is very rewarding.

Cons

Management is numbers driven, so out of the box thinking is discouraged. Lip service is given to safety and service, the real priority is the shareholders.

Advice to Management

Care as much for your employees and you do for your shareholders.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

"Weak leadership & Unprofessional managers"

Former Employee - Call Center in Johnson City, TN
    Former Employee - Call Center in Johnson City, TN

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Time off, overall benefits package (medical, dental, phone discount).

Cons

I took a position within their call center located in East Tennessee shortly after completion of my undergraduate studies and earning my first degree. The majority of individuals who are employeed at this particular location don't or in this case didn't appear to have a great deal of formal education or specific skill sets and unfortunately as a result it was evident that numerous managers didn't respect them as people/employee's and treated them as if they were just an assembly line robot that could be easily replaced. My distaste for this environment in particular was due to the fact that I didn't "play the game" so to speak. For example, I intentionally chose not to try and become best friends with every manager (area managers in particular) who wanted to extend their hand or better yet nose in my business in hopes of securing some type of friendship. This apparently had a negative impact on their view of either my loyalty to them/company as their attitudes towards myself as well as other professionals became quite negative and at times their was a great deal of attitude from managers even those who I/we didn't have a work relationship with. I would name individuals however that would not be fair and honestly isn't that important. For the record there are very few employee's who are actually quailty individuals who I think will do fine. However unfortunately the majority of team managers as well as several area managers could certainly benefit from some coaching sessions on leadership, communication, etc. This is not meant to be an attack but rather I simply felt the need to express my thoughts for those interested in the AT&T call center culture. I'm a young lady who now holds a Master's degree and likely earns more than even the director/s who manage the entire center (not bitter at all). In closing, the managers are quite pathethic and just don't appear to be very intelligent individuals that both blur and abuse the lines of authority over the men and women who may have no other option for employment outside of this company. Myself in addition to several others had opportunities outside of the call center and simply left to embark on the many endevors that came our way. Best of luck to any of you who plan to move on!

Advice to Management

Have discussions about Ethics, Code of Conduct, Corporate Culture, and most importantly Leadership for your management team.

2. "I enjoyed the ride for 25 years I was a loyal employee."

Former Employee - Senior SPECIALIST-NETWORK SUPPORT in Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Senior SPECIALIST-NETWORK SUPPORT in Brookfield, WI

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent advancement opportunities and a great long term employer.

Cons

That as management every 6 months you have to worry about being surplus/downsized.