AT&T - It can be fine with the right people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"It can be fine with the right people"

Former Employee - CSSS in Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - CSSS in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits good pay good locations

Cons

Micro management micro micro management

Advice to Management

Let people do their jobs

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

"Weak leadership & Unprofessional managers"

Former Employee - Call Center in Johnson City, TN
    Former Employee - Call Center in Johnson City, TN

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Time off, overall benefits package (medical, dental, phone discount).

Cons

I took a position within their call center located in East Tennessee shortly after completion of my undergraduate studies and earning my first degree. The majority of individuals who are employeed at this particular location don't or in this case didn't appear to have a great deal of formal education or specific skill sets and unfortunately as a result it was evident that numerous managers didn't respect them as people/employee's and treated them as if they were just an assembly line robot that could be easily replaced. My distaste for this environment in particular was due to the fact that I didn't "play the game" so to speak. For example, I intentionally chose not to try and become best friends with every manager (area managers in particular) who wanted to extend their hand or better yet nose in my business in hopes of securing some type of friendship. This apparently had a negative impact on their view of either my loyalty to them/company as their attitudes towards myself as well as other professionals became quite negative and at times their was a great deal of attitude from managers even those who I/we didn't have a work relationship with. I would name individuals however that would not be fair and honestly isn't that important. For the record there are very few employee's who are actually quailty individuals who I think will do fine. However unfortunately the majority of team managers as well as several area managers could certainly benefit from some coaching sessions on leadership, communication, etc. This is not meant to be an attack but rather I simply felt the need to express my thoughts for those interested in the AT&T call center culture. I'm a young lady who now holds a Master's degree and likely earns more than even the director/s who manage the entire center (not bitter at all). In closing, the managers are quite pathethic and just don't appear to be very intelligent individuals that both blur and abuse the lines of authority over the men and women who may have no other option for employment outside of this company. Myself in addition to several others had opportunities outside of the call center and simply left to embark on the many endevors that came our way. Best of luck to any of you who plan to move on!

Advice to Management

Have discussions about Ethics, Code of Conduct, Corporate Culture, and most importantly Leadership for your management team.

"Retail Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Money $$$$$$$$ and well 401K Benefits are around 90% across the board

Cons

Micro Managed, Goals not realistic to products available shift and or scheldule gets changed for needs of business. Managment isnt qualified to lead only have position from years of tenure alot of ass kissing to move up with company not transfer friendly at least in South Central Market where customer service is low but revenue is high Very Very High Stress sometimes goals get reached by luck...

Advice to Management

Train to manage store not drones we are people not robots we are not perfect and nor will we ever be stop trying to promote sales games and or to many goals hands down its mobility technology not all technology Small Bussiness should be handled by BAE not reps in store Drug Test Employees after hired...