AT&T - I've worked at AT&T for over 30 years and it has been challenging at times but a very good experience. | Glassdoor

"I've worked at AT&T for over 30 years and it has been challenging at times but a very good experience."

Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The benefits which include medical, dental, vision, 401k match, employer assistance, life insurance, paid time off are equal or better than those in the industry and the work hour flexibility is a plus.

Cons

Moving around the company to work in another area can be challenging and when you do move it's normally not because the employee requested the move. It tends to be that the organization gets realigned.

Advice to Management

At times the employees are not notified of things that are going on at the upper management level.

AT&T2018-04-17
  1. "invests in it's employees"

Current Employee - Senior Project Program Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Lots of opportunity to learn, develop, and have several careers all within one company.

Cons

The size can be challenging, to figure out how to move a project forward.

Advice to Management

Keep sharing the direction and strategy with your employees. This is the best way to be aligned.

AT&T2019-09-18

"Horrible"

Current Employee - IT Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Decent benefits- that’s about it

Cons

HORRIBLE COMPANY! Constant layoffs! Management has also restricted Telecommuting. Employees used to be able to work from home all the time- now it is limited to 4 times a month. Impossible to find workspace at corporate locations- everything is “drop in” and you need to haul all your stuff into the office daily. Long hours and absolutely NO WORK LIFE BALANCE. Management does not care that you have a life... outside of “the Death Star”. Try to leave or work from home with a sick kid, and you get written up! And I am a high level IT professional.

Advice to Management

IT employees need the flexibility you once gave us. We have ZERO WORK LIFE BALANCE. Over time, the best and brightest WILL LEAVE ATT. My coworkers and I are all just marking time. Waiting for the surplus and package- at which time we will take our talents elsewhere. ATT will be left only with the employees on the right side of the bell curve who are nowhere approaching top Talent if they don’t change the... culture DRASTICALLY TO BE MORE EMPLOYEE DRIVEN!

AT&T2018-08-15

Discover more reviews about AT&T.