AT&T - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Piscataway Hills, MD
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Piscataway Hills, MD

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, Good benefits, good co-workers

Cons

Lots of downsizings and pressure

Advice to Management

Be more accessible and less distant

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "Limited opportunities, low pay"

Former Employee - Engineering Assistant in Crown Point, IN
    Former Employee - Engineering Assistant in Crown Point, IN

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits were great, good training program

Cons

Ahhh bureaucracy at its finest. So much middle management that by time the information got to you, there was no clear objective. So many people who slept on the job but couldn't be fired because of all the union red tape. I was hired in at low pay beause I was young, and the group hired with me for this technology-dependent position were all middle aged but worked for the company in the 70s and 80s. I ran circles around them with all the computer software and comprehension, when two of them couldn't even figure out how to turn on the computer! Needless to say, they made TWICE what I did, and I was doing most of their jobs so that they wouldn't hold me back. What a joke. And management would just shrug 'oh well', because excelling at my position made them fear for their own jobs. What a way to lead a team, let me tell ya.

Advice to Management

Cut out the contractors, because all of their work needs to be redone. You are essentially paying two people for one job. And promote from within, not off the street to keep the pay scales low! You are only hurting yourselves with the unqualified and high turnover rate. Merit based raises or bonuses would be nice.

2. "Overall good corporate environment with experienced professionals"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great leadership and mentorship experience, relaxed atmosphere. Good benefits/perks.
    Has a program for hiring military vets.
    Good exit opportunities, if it ever comes to that.

Cons

As the phone company, they are very tight with security. Many strict access protocols, network verification procedures, etc. Not really a con, but something to consider.
    Their HR process is inefficient, like many large companies.
    Also could benefit from more diversity (age, background, etc.). But they are trying to improve this.

Advice to Management

AT&T Corporate could probably benefit from hiring more entry level employees for their technical contributions.