AT&T - Limited opportunities, low pay | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"Limited opportunities, low pay"

Former Employee - Engineering Assistant in Crown Point, IN
Former Employee - Engineering Assistant in Crown Point, IN

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits were great, good training program

Cons

Ahhh bureaucracy at its finest. So much middle management that by time the information got to you, there was no clear objective. So many people who slept on the job but couldn't be fired because of all the union red tape. I was hired in at low pay beause I was young, and the group hired with me for this technology-dependent position were all middle aged but worked for the company in the 70s and 80s. I ran circles around them with all the computer software and comprehension, when two of them couldn't even figure out how to turn on the computer! Needless to say, they made TWICE what I did, and I was doing most of their jobs so that they wouldn't hold me back. What a joke. And management would just shrug 'oh well', because excelling at my position made them fear for their own jobs. What a way to lead a team, let me tell ya.

Advice to Management

Cut out the contractors, because all of their work needs to be redone. You are essentially paying two people for one job. And promote from within, not off the street to keep the pay scales low! You are only hurting yourselves with the unqualified and high turnover rate. Merit based raises or bonuses would be nice.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "each time there was a behavior that at&t wanted included, they would change the job as to significantly impede workers"

Former Employee - Call Center in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Call Center in Sacramento, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great benefits, to include discounts for services and wireless phone at no charge. great training in the beginning but starting to slip as they move more toward telemarketing their products instead of customer service which was the drive in 2008-2009.

Cons

there where some radical changes to call flow and the focus of the call center changed to selling instead of servicing the customer. reps were continually trying to achieve the goals the company set as standard just to find that they changed completing from on day to the next.

Advice to Management

take stock in the folks that you have keeping customers from getting finally fed up. there are more fish in the sea at&t and your lawsuit winning average is taking a dive.

"It can be fine with the right people"

Former Employee - CSSS in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - CSSS in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits good pay good locations

Cons

Micro management micro micro management

Advice to Management

Let people do their jobs