AT&T - Good money, bad ethics | Glassdoor
  1. "Good money, bad ethics"

Former Employee - Business Account Executive in Bismarck, ND

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great compensation and some of the people are awesome.

Cons

Awful ethics from retail employees. Selling tablets to people under false pretenses. Not worried about their customers. Only worried about their sales goals. If you missed your sales goals for 2 months, you got a write up. If you missed it again, you were fired.

Advice to Management

Focus on being a service company that takes care of their customers. Also, put some more towers up!

AT&T2018-07-21
  1. "Not the MaBell of old"

Current Employee - AD-Talent Acquisition in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefits, culture, ability to experience new positions/roles

Cons

Hub-centric. Outside of HUB cities, it is more difficult to move around.

AT&T2019-11-21

"Horrible"

Current Employee - IT Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Decent benefits- that’s about it

Cons

HORRIBLE COMPANY! Constant layoffs! Management has also restricted Telecommuting. Employees used to be able to work from home all the time- now it is limited to 4 times a month. Impossible to find workspace at corporate locations- everything is “drop in” and you need to haul all your stuff into the office daily. Long hours and absolutely NO WORK LIFE BALANCE. Management does not care that you have a life... outside of “the Death Star”. Try to leave or work from home with a sick kid, and you get written up! And I am a high level IT professional.

Advice to Management

IT employees need the flexibility you once gave us. We have ZERO WORK LIFE BALANCE. Over time, the best and brightest WILL LEAVE ATT. My coworkers and I are all just marking time. Waiting for the surplus and package- at which time we will take our talents elsewhere. ATT will be left only with the employees on the right side of the bell curve who are nowhere approaching top Talent if they don’t change the... culture DRASTICALLY TO BE MORE EMPLOYEE DRIVEN!

AT&T2018-08-15

Discover more reviews about AT&T.