AT&T - A great place for self motivators to work autonomously to get results | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"A great place for self motivators to work autonomously to get results"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bothell, WA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bothell, WA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good wages, bonuses and benifits in a strong company which has grown through the entire downturn in our economy. As secure as a career can be these days.

Cons

Much money and talent is wasted by the political filter between the top executives and the front line employees. Policy drive by the purse holders and mid level politics keeps the executive level from seeing the massive loss caused by front line churn and loss of brain trust as inovators and motivators are sluffed off by blank comments about cost.

Advice to Management

Executive level managment needs to visit, interview, and get to know the front line on a regular basis. They can then see, where the real value in the company lies. Much is said about this at higher levels, but little of it is seen on the front row.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

"Wonderful pay and great benefits"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, fun, awesome benefits. OH and the amazing pay! ha

Cons

Sometimes a little overwhelming, stressful and some managers that just dont care.

Advice to Management

Talk to your reps more. Be out on the floor more.

"We were a better company without AT&T"

Former Employee - Data Network Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Data Network Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I was an engineer with SBNI, a DE, an SE, and an Area Manager.at SBC DataComm and then SBC bought AT&T. The only good thing that happened after that was U-Verse as a service offering. The company and the management all stalled after that. Ed saw the writing on the wall and got out with a GOLDEN Parachute. The res

Cons

Management spends more time on change than they ever do at executing any plan or program. Yes you need to be ready for change, you need to be able to change, but AT&T goes out of their way to make change happen as an excuse for not be able to execute because they cannot adapt to conditions due to the fact they are too big. You can't turn an aircraft carrier around on a small pond.

Advice to Management

Give managers the tools and ability to do whats right for their customers. Stop jumping into businesses and saying "We offer that too". Do it better, or get out of that market and do what you do best. E.g., cloud services, security services, And dare I ask, Could you have screwed up VoIP and SIP business offerings any worse. I actually go out of my way not to do business with you because I am to embarrassed to have to tell my old colleagues "I'm Sorry" and hear them whine and ask where my loyalty is. You guys need to do better, especially if you want to overcharge me constantly and screw up billing.