AT&T - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Records Clerk in Alpharetta, GA
Former Employee - Records Clerk in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great salary and benefits, even for us with only high school diplomas. I was laid off after 22 years (corporate downsizing) and I wish so much that I was still there. I became very experienced in accounts payable, and heavy data entry and microsoft after working for AT&T. We also attended required classes to teach us how to prepare for the day "if we became laid off" and how to deal with difficult people, how to further our educations, how to handle our private finances, etc. Many of these classes came in very handy years later.

Cons

Perhaps a little more training to first level supervisors to teach them more about how to encourage people to do their best. Most managers were great over my 22 years and that's saying a lot. But a couple of them needed to learn the difference in encouraging people to be their most productive versus "scaring" them to be their most productive.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "Great people to work with."

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in San Antonio, TX

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Used to be great salary, great environment and great commissions.

Cons

No longer great environment, no longer worthy commissions.

Advice to Management

Get some Scruples

"Good employer but the jobs are disappearing..."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Erie, PA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Erie, PA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great base pay and attainable quotas for your monthly commission.
    Nice benefits package (vacation, health, dental) for full time employees.
    Subsidized health care and modest vacation benefits for part time employees.

Cons

The company is making business moves towards eliminating the bulk of their own stores because it is cheaper for them to sell through national retailers like Bestbuy, Target, and Walmart. This creates a lot of problems because now they have a ton of people who aren't trained properly and they make a lot of mistakes. Along with this, it's also putting a lot of people out of work, many of which have been loyal to the company for 5-10 years. The jobs are disappearing.

Advice to Management

I spent at least 2 hours of each shift fixing mistakes made by the national retailer employees. This results in credits usually in order to placate them for their inconveinence. When you add loss of revenue, the amount of people who cancel service from being angry about the situation, and new customers not being able to be sold by a trained rep, is it really worth it? There is a reason you are labeled as the worse of the top 4 wireless companies 2 years running.