AT&T - great job | Glassdoor

"great job"

Current Employee - Sales Support Representative in Honolulu, HI
Current Employee - Sales Support Representative in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at AT&T full-time

Pros

Great place to learn and work

Cons

deal with a lot of criticism

Advice to Management

nope

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

"Terrible treatment of employees"

Former Employee - Call Center in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Call Center in Ocala, FL

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting work wth continual training. The initial training was lengthy and fun. A bond was formed by those in the training classes.

Cons

While there is ongoing training, it isn't enough. Employees are expected to know a great deal, and are constanlty being monitored. If one call that is monitored is not perfect, it goes into your employee file. The particular office where I was employed had the worst, most negative management I have ever encountered. The morale was low and the turnover rate was, and probably still is, 70%.

Advice to Management

Show respect for your employees. Advise how they can improve, rather than always focusing on the negative. Speak to employees with respect. That was rare in this office.

"The Dilbert Cartoon Strip Was Created at AT&T - Read Dilbert If You Want To Know The Ugly Truth Behind AT&T"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Architect in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Architect in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Reasonably decent pay and benefits... although who knows for how much longer. AT&T seems hell-bent on moving jobs out of California, busting the CWA union, and replacing people with contract labor... many of whom are on 2 year work visas from various countries outside the USA. I guess that's the American way, greed and profits before all else.

Cons

The company is much too management heavy and driven by old and archaic processes. There's plenty of nepotism and you'll experience many 'Dilbert' moments (The Dilbert cartoon strip
    began in a company newsletter in San Ramon, CA - if you really want to know what it's like to work here, read 'Dilbert'). I've been with the company over 10 years and it's been a non-stop reorganization. I've lost track of how many managers I've had during my tenure. The company also has a bad, but well-deserved, reputation for laying-off people once they pass their 50th birthday. AT&T also likes to lay people off during the Christmas holiday season so that they are off their 'books' for the New Year. Once again, read 'Dilbert' if you want the inside scoop. The characters were based on real people.

Advice to Management

You are not corporate royalty and the center of the universe does not revolve around Dallas.