AT&T - not the best...but not completely terrible | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"not the best...but not completely terrible"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Jensen Beach, FL
Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Jensen Beach, FL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The opportunity to advance in the company is very high.
The people you work with make your environment better.

Cons

Work and life balance are horrible.
You are only looked at by the numbers you produce.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

"Good company."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Bend, OR
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Bend, OR

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you apply yourself you can make a good wage and have a good overall workplace environment. I do feel that my upper management like my area manager, and district manager care about me as a person, not just as a sales person.

Cons

Like all retail it's never enough. I'm the best rep in my store and number seven rep on the west coast and you'd think I was terrible at my job because there are so many stupid worthless reports that truly mean nothing. We have tools at our disposal to make not only our lives easer, but the customers and while its usually prudent to use these tools, its not always better. but you will still get your ass chewed out for not directing a customer to a payment kiosk instead of taking a payment at the register.

Advice to Management

The countless reports have to stop. The iPad registers are fantastic, but its a tool, if you dont use it 90% of the time, I have a manager up my ass asking why. Its a tool to better server our customer, but you have us on such a short leash that if we dont use it we get in trouble, and for what? The only reason I see is to justify the amount of money you pad to apple to get the devices. The same goes for the Payment Kiosk, we cant take payments for customers at our station, why? When I'm in a customers account taking a payment it gives me the opportunity to add features, if they use the Kiosk I get no such chance, its a wasted opportunity, but hey you have to justify buying all those kiosks, or "tools" so we better have all our customers use that station. Next thing you know I'm going to have a report outlining why I use the orange highlighter more than the yellow, or a blue pen vs a black. All these reports justifying the purchase of tools to help me, just slow us down because we're all paranoid, if we've used the mobile opus enough or not.

2. "ok to work at this place"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

benefits, and discounted wireless, and home phone

Cons

lack of career opportunities w/ so many long termers