AT&T - AT&T is trying hard | Glassdoor

"AT&T is trying hard"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Human Resources in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Discount on services is a great benefit. Good people with good work ethic. The benefits are industry standard. Culture has made strides in the last few years. There are many developmental resources if you have time to seek them out.

Cons

Because of the size of the company, if you aren't identified as a leader with potential, you will have a hard time getting a promotion. Work/life balance could be better.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "Walk in the door stupid because you will be treated that way."

Current Employee - Technician in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Current Employee - Technician in Tuscaloosa, AL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is good not the best, benefits are better than a lot of places, but they are changing not for the better every year

Cons

Micromanaged by bean counters far removed from the actual job they lord over as experts in the field. Upper management gives no flexibility or decision making authority to front line managers or technicians. It is a zero tolerance environment for any one trying to improve our customers experience unless you use their check list. You feel like a robot reading off everything they require you to say to every customer weather it applies or not. And this a real turn off when you are face to face with a dissatisfied customer.

Advice to Management

Your numbers are a joke. You have created a system in which we as employees are more interested in meeting the numbers that someone puled from their lower torso than doing what we know needs to be done to keep the customer. Listen to the people on the ground instead of the people who will tell the emperor that his clothes look great. You can't measure a loyal customer that establishes a relationship with a company employee with bogus numbers. This is often said at our office (One of these days we are going to have perfect numbers and no customers.)

2. "Not customer friendly"

Former Employee - Call Center in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Former Employee - Call Center in Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

fun people to work with

Cons

keep time limit short even if you lose customers