AT&T - Sales Associate | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Birmingham, AL
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Birmingham, AL

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun to interact with people. rewarded for hardwork. great benefits in every area.

Cons

normal sales pressure but nothing out of the ordinary.

Advice to Management

follow a system and stay the course

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "Your world lost in the mail! lol"

Former Employee - Technician
    Former Employee - Technician

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You can make some good money as a service technician so long as there is plenty of overtime to be had. It's the only place I've ever worked where overtime goes from time and a half to double time based on the number of hours you have worked that week.

The benefits were good historically but are eroding with every contract.

If you are a slacker:

They don't really care whether or not you give good customer service to your subscribers or whether you even know how to repair a communications circuit for that matter so long as you look good on paper for the month.

Less is more -- that is to say you will be rewarded for doing less not more.

Cons

When AT&T bought BellSouth the running joke was the Flintstones have purchased the Jetsons. I couldn't have said it better myself.

I hate labor unions but if I'm going to be represented by one then I'm going to pay the dues and expect them to do a good job looking after my best interest. The CWA is too cozy with the company to be an effective labor union.

If you want to be well trained and proficient at your job you better find some coworkers that aren't slackers and make friends fast because you aren't going to get much in the way of quality training from the company.

They are the kind of company that will equip your work truck with a state of the art GPS system so management can spy on you yet it does nothing to help you find a home or business.

It's the type of place that will spend God knows what on posters displayed in work centers telling where the blind spots on your vehicle are but not spend a buck to put convex mirrors on the trucks so you can SEE what's in your blinds spot.

I'm stopping here as this could go on for days.

Advice to Management

Get your head out of your rectum.

2. "CSP"

Current Contractor - Certified Sales Professiona in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Contractor - Certified Sales Professiona in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at AT&T as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for someone to start earning some cash.

Cons

Outsource, all of there jobs so basically you have no longevity with the company you servicing.