AT&T - Great career with career opportunities | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"Great career with career opportunities"

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Richardson, TX
Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Richardson, TX

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

AT&T is a large company with opportunity for movement, both laterally and horizontally.

Cons

Being a large company, it is necessary to manuever politics and bueracracy to some degree.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

"Micromanaging with poor leadership"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company pays fairly well, and the health insurance and benefits are good for a job that doesn't require a degree.

Cons

They will micromanage you to an infuriating degree. Every word you speak to a customer is listened to and then thrown back at you; ("Why didnt you say this?" "You arent greeting customers correctly." "It's great that you talked about that, but you really should have walked them over to that product that they were not interested in.") The company builds files on you so if they ever need to fire you they can. The commision structure can pay very well, but you will be in trouble because you did not sell the AT&T way. So you have to decide between making money and being in trouble, or not making money and being in less trouble.

Advice to Management

Stop introducing new "innovating devices" and work on customer service. The tablets we sell are expensive and poorly made. The new products we are forced to push on people are nothing more then revenue generating for the company. On top of all these new horrible products, the pay gets worse and worse. Stop increasing quota without increasing pay.

2. "AT&T withholds commissions for the third year in a row"

Current Employee - Business Account Executive GEM in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Business Account Executive GEM in Denver, CO

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

there isn't any, we worked hard for that money to reach thier extravegent goals and now they don't know how to pay our commissions since they haven't determined the structure yet.

Cons

January pay register released and 10 minutes later a corporate notice you aren't getting your commissions until May 6

Advice to Management

Pay the SB reps on the old scale until you implement the new scale. Do you know how you affect your employees when they have structured thier bill paying based on the monthly commission check.
    Two employess in my group had to file bankruptcy due to the database fiasco last year with ROME and zip code changes.