AT&T - AT&T Technical | Glassdoor

"AT&T Technical"

Current Employee - Lead Member of the Technical Staff in Middletown, NJ
Current Employee - Lead Member of the Technical Staff in Middletown, NJ

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have greater control over my areas of work than I have ever had in any previous position. Most of my current projects are self-motivated.

Cons

Being in a large company makes it difficult to develop close relationships with peers who may be located far away. Every day I work with people in Washington, California, Texas, Atlanta and New Jersey and frequently with people in other locations.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "Great Pay and Beneftis but sacrifice your soul"

Current Employee - Retail Management in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Retail Management in New York, NY

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great pay and beneifts and overall a great place to work

Cons

Upper Management make life a living hell with idiculous sales goals. They make you feel as if you never do a good job and they let you know that you're disposable. They would make managers cry during performance reviews and treat them poorly overall. I used to love the company (worked there for 8 years) but I grew to hate being there because the way they treated management

"Frustraing place to work"

Former Contractor - Graphic Designer in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Contractor - Graphic Designer in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at AT&T as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation is competitive, flexible with telecommuting, understanding when family issues crop up and giving time off when needed.

Cons

Relentless meetings! Meetings are so prevalent that it makes getting work done very difficult.

The unorganization of the area in which i worked was so maddening as to be comical. Projects are en endless loop of frustrating rework. There are no clear boundaries or directions and projects seem to never end.

Management unwilling to purchase needed resources needed to make projects move forward. Consequently work is poorly done and takes way longer than it should. The endless meetings are a factor here too..

Advice to Management

Listen to the needs of your employees and honor some of their requests.

Also possibly don't invite unnecessary people to meetings. It's amazing any work gets done at all due to this meeting-mad compan.