AT&T - Good company to work for | Glassdoor

"Good company to work for"

I have been working at AT&T full-time

Pros

Good training, lots of opportunities for progression, good salary and benefits. They care about their workers.

Cons

Business processes are onerous and defy common sense.

Advice to Management

Empower your people and take more risks.

AT&T2019-03-07
  1. "great company with good benefits"

Former Employee - Customer Service Technician in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

at&t is the best paying telecommunications company in the U.S. great retirement and 401(k) matching easy to move around and up in the company employees stay for a long time

Cons

long hours demanding managers not family friendly

AT&T2019-09-16

"Horrible"

Current Employee - IT Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Decent benefits- that’s about it

Cons

HORRIBLE COMPANY! Constant layoffs! Management has also restricted Telecommuting. Employees used to be able to work from home all the time- now it is limited to 4 times a month. Impossible to find workspace at corporate locations- everything is “drop in” and you need to haul all your stuff into the office daily. Long hours and absolutely NO WORK LIFE BALANCE. Management does not care that you have a life... outside of “the Death Star”. Try to leave or work from home with a sick kid, and you get written up! And I am a high level IT professional.

Advice to Management

IT employees need the flexibility you once gave us. We have ZERO WORK LIFE BALANCE. Over time, the best and brightest WILL LEAVE ATT. My coworkers and I are all just marking time. Waiting for the surplus and package- at which time we will take our talents elsewhere. ATT will be left only with the employees on the right side of the bell curve who are nowhere approaching top Talent if they don’t change the... culture DRASTICALLY TO BE MORE EMPLOYEE DRIVEN!

AT&T2018-08-15

Discover more reviews about AT&T.