AT&T - The best sales force in America, bar none. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"The best sales force in America, bar none."

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in San Jose, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

excellent sales training; patient company that will help you become the best sales person possible.
decent salary and commision mix. best in class products/solutions to sell.

Cons

very large and bureaucratic organization. a little better in Business Sales group.

Advice to Management

flatten the org a little and give more power to first and second level managers.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "Letting life pass you by"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Greensboro, NC

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good pay overall but for the work you are required to do, you deserve much more
    great benefits
    union

Cons

very long hours
    no chairs
    ridiculous goals
    scheduling
    management
    not family oriented
    too many goals
    disconnect between mobility and home parts of the company
    disconnect betewen customer service and retail
    attendance policy

Advice to Management

You treat the money making RSC's as if they are never going to amount to anything and that they have no voice because you feel this is the best job that they can have. working 10-12 hours on you feet daily. the schedule is based off traffic from a year ago on that day which in the years i was working there, never match up right. such a disconnect between customer service and retail. an even bigger disconnect between at&t landline and mobility and retail. customer being told to come into store for 2-3 hour resolutions where the RSC's can't do anything and it's just talking over the phone to customer service for the customer when you have goals to meet. And this is daily. Customer yelling at you because they were given the run around with customer service and your job is to fix their issues even if u can't, and make them say that they are definitely willing to recommend you and at&t to their family, even if they don't feel that way. and the trick is, you have to get them to commit to it without asking. the company will reprimand you if the customer gives you 10/10 but gives at&t anything lower than an 8. Yow work majority of holiday's, just about every weekend. If you live far from you family then you will need to know 3 months in advance if they are coming to visit so you can spend time with them. the attendance policy sucks. You get a 1 if you are out sick even with a doctors note which sucks for people like me who never call out sick. You constantly work overtime even though they say they it has to be "pre approved" which 90% of the time it is not. The burn out in retail is so harsh because that job takes up a lot of your time and the amount of goals are ridiculous. it's not a family oriented environment. In fact, until fall 2012, you could not schedule vacation of time off from thanksgiving until new years in retail so people like me who moved to the town i'm in for college but have family 10 hours away were out of luck. overall, i did like my job. at&t just took the fun out of it with it's unrealistic goals and demanding hours. My work task was literally ten times more than when I first started but the way they closed down some of these call centers, you would think they would invest in paying the employees taking on 3-4 jobs now instead of cutting commission percentages. just terrible.

2. "Good pay, good coworkers, strict rules, risk-taking not advised"

Former Employee - Infrastructure Software Licensing Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good hourly pay, mostly amiable company managers

Cons

Placing blame is normal at AT&T, and backing from managers, especially for contractors, is uncertain

Advice to Management

When hiring contractors make clearer statements regarding your contractors' boundaries. Most/all contractors want to do well by their employers which means that the better ones among us will go above and beyond at our own volition; if that's not what you want, say so. If it is what you want, be prepared to back our decisions and/or to assist and advise when problems develop.