AT&T - Customer service Representative | Glassdoor

"Customer service Representative"

Former Employee - Call Center in Oakland, CA
Former Employee - Call Center in Oakland, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great people working for the company,

Cons

AT&T has lost the first lessons they taught me in basic training, customers are always first, service representative are to give great customer service always, maintain customer loyalty and own the home.

Advice to Management

When you took the words "customer service" our of the job title and made them "sales representative" you took the customer out of the equation. Remember give great customer service keep great customers.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

"Unorganized, discriminatory work environment."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Diverse work environment, access to up to date technology, workshop courses.

Cons

Disorganized, discriminated by management (while in both a non-management & management role), terrible sales support, terrible customer service, no responsibility for product sale mistakes (consumer and business ) on any side of the business.

Advice to Management

There are too many issues to begin with just one. AT&T (management) needs a whole new plan for the way their business is run.

2. "Fifteen years, mostly good"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Architect in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Architect in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very professional, sharp and passionate workforce at least in my neck of the woods.
    Ability to contribute meaningfully and successfully to the company's overall business strategy.
    Opportunities to be an active part of exciting new telecommunications/networking products and services and their evolution

Cons

Like any large company, this has its good and bad. If you are judicious you will take them all in stride. One would learn how to deal with the bad while leveraging the good to enrich yourself and contribute to the company's growth
    Promotions are slow, we have people qualified to be in senior positions of leadership that are still in the trenches.

Advice to Management

Entrust and empower your first line employees to do what is right for the customer and the company.