AT&T - Not your grandparents phone company anymore. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"Not your grandparents phone company anymore."

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are still decent even though it may be at the cost of overall salary. Time off (vacation and personal days) are still among the best I am aware of.

Cons

Pay for lower level managers is stagnant. For those that manage union bargained employees its quite possible to have employees under your supervision who make close to if not more but work only 40 hours a week while the typical manager works 50+ hours a week.

Advice to Management

Don't forget about the front line managers. Salaries may be in line with similar job titles in other companies but these are not always true comparisons. There is a difference between call centers and technical call centers.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

"Good pay, management is always on your back , crazy high goals , less pay every year."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay. Good discount, fun coworks.

Cons

Retail hours. Rediculous expectations of what we should sell. Reps have little or no say in how their job is done. Selling on iPads with Opus Mobile? Hello slows us down... Makes customers wait longer. There went my WTR score , makes the sellers look bad because the question was about att service. No chance to move from a level 0 rep, to a 1B job in corporate. Unless you're friends with someone. Want to be an assistant store manager? Have 6+ months straight of great numbers in the flavor of the week products, and show them you can drink the Koolaid.

Advice to Management

Switch us back to pcs to sell on, we're faster and more efficient, (customers like that )
    Stop having us focus in selling 10 things, oh and now digital life, we didn't have enough to sell already. Stop paying us less each year when we sell more and more. Look what happened to Circuit City when their good people left...

2. "Great Company"

Former Employee - IRU Representative in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - IRU Representative in Washington, DC

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is good and there are always exciting things happening.

Cons

At times, like all large companies, they can forget about the little people.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to employee concerns.