AT&T - Great benefits but long hours | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"Great benefits but long hours"

Current Employee - Technician in Merritt Island, FL
Current Employee - Technician in Merritt Island, FL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of very nice people to work with, benefits are great, any tool you need is provided

Cons

very long hours, no life/work balance, you are judged by numbers only (which are oddly calculated)

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. ",Customer Service,Technical Support,Sales"

Former Employee - Technical Support in Cerritos, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Cerritos, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's a good company to work for.Great atmosphere, Benefits,Training,Resources

Cons

Pressure to upsell all customers,

Advice to Management

Share more information with co-workers

2. "This could be a great job if company philosophy was different"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Columbia, MO
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Columbia, MO

I worked at AT&T part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting technology. You can try some of the phones, etc. Union benefits and representation.

Cons

Standard retail exposure with added sales and customer service quota pressee. Micromanagement style did not work well in this store, Problematic manager was moved to our store. Upper management, does not take managerial grievances seriously. Members of management consider employee requests to be a sense of entitlement. Even though terms were defined in CWA union agreement. Despite advertising union benefits, there was an anti-union attitude among managers. Up front, not cooperative with scheduling for college students at all. They adjust sales so you can make less or pay more benifits each year. If your sales numbers different from theirs there is no system to appeal discrepency. Management would listen in on conversations through microphones in multi-line phones. Emails are read by management. Very difficult to move up or get promoted. high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Decide if sales or serice is a priority. There was an identity crisis at times. Listen more closely to employee grievances with management. managerial issues at our store and our manager's previous store seem to have been ingored despite overwhelming dissatisfaction. Embrace union relationship as a positive, the Union President I had wanted compromise and shared success.