AT&T - Best company to work for. Great opportunities and great pay!Best company to work for. Great opportunities and great pay! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"Best company to work for. Great opportunities and great pay!Best company to work for. Great opportunities and great pay!"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cons

Challenging, tiring, but great! Great

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "Strategic Account Lead"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Lead in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Strategic Account Lead in Denver, CO

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- huge product portfolio
    - specialists are excellent

Cons

- manager can make or break your ability to be successful (mico-manager)

Advice to Management

- don't play favorites

2. "It started out great but went downhill after about 2 years with"

Former Employee - Associate Financial Associate
    Former Employee - Associate Financial Associate

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

ummm some people may say benefits. The only benefit in my location is probably is certain plans for mobile devices. A 20% discount for accessories. I had heard Uverse is pretty darn good for an employee (we do not have that service in the Pacific Northwest). Tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Benefits (yea its listed in pros) but everything is out of pocket first (1300 deductible for single). No copay .

Prescription is done through CVS/Caremark, I am not fond of them. However, I get my Rx cheaper from the local drugstore by signing up for the prescription discount service... Not really any company discounts for service wise except for mobile devices and select plans and features and DirectTV for the Pacific Northwest.

Dental is somewhat junky. AT&T actually sets the percentage of coverage at the time of the appointment not CIGNA. My dentist actually doesn't like AT&T because of that because it is usually around 50-60% covered and the bill comes out higher than regular CIGNA coverage make sure you tell your dentist that.

Advice to Management

I have to say, Upper Management can talk a great game and make promises and such by conducting employee surveys and such. The funny thing is the same things keep coming up each year which is sad. Listen to your employees. Also there is a severe lack of opportunities for people if you keep outsourcing. I was hit last year with my job being outsourced. Sad thing, a month later they approached us to train them to the job.

Telecommuting should be an option, after all this is a tele-communication company. Granted some jobs are required to be onsite such as network monitoring and such, other jobs just take up space and are there for the sake of being there. For a company about saving money by cutting benefits and such, management spends a lot on wasted real estate unfortunately.