AT&T - Great people bad atmosphere | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"Great people bad atmosphere"

Former Employee - Call Center in San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Call Center in San Antonio, TX

I worked at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked for AT&T as a U-Verse Tier 1 Technical Support member through another company by contract. Most of the people there were great people very easy to get along with. The job itself was pretty easy, just sit there and answer the phone, follow the script, solve problem, done. The supervisors were great, always ready to help out. It's a good place to work to build up customer service experience.

Cons

It's a high volume call center so the moment you clocked in you were thrown to the wolves. You complete one call and are immediately thrown into another call. Very repetitive and some very angry customers sometimes but that comes with the job. Although it's easy to fix the technical problems if you're not good at customer interaction then this would be a bad fit for you as it was for me.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "Avoid becoming a Retail Sales Consultant if you can!"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent hourly rate. Excellent training.

Cons

The numbers you have to hit are completely unreasonable. They are constantly changing, and you get hit almost daily with some new thing to focus on. You would think working for Mobility, you would be selling cell phones. Wrong. You are expected to sell internet, Direct TV, Uverse TV, tablets, data connect devices, and home phones. There is always something new that gets added to the sales process. Today it's setting people up on ebill. Tomorrow may be selling Merchandise Protection Plans. There are so many things you are required to mention during every sales process that you are unable to connect with the customer and build rapport. You will be too worried about the manager standing in the corner doing observations. All you will think about is hitting everything you are required to say.
    If you enjoy standing for hours on end, unbelievable micromanaging, and the most political environment I've seen in 20 years- then by all means take this position. If you enjoy having your commission plan "restructured" every year and losing money- then take this position. If your life's dream is to live in constant fear of not hitting numbers- this job is for you.
    I never missed my numbers, so this isn't sour grapes. It's reality. This job has become ridiculous!

Advice to Management

It wouldn't matter because management doesn't listen. We are constantly surveyed about how we feel. This is a complete waste of time because the company doesn't listen or care. My advice would be to find a balance between pushing employees to be successful without creating an environment of fear. Promotions shouldn't be based on politics.

2. "High stress but great pay"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Charlottesville, VA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great compensation if you perform well. You get to play with the latest and greatest devices as well as a great reward program.

Cons

High Stress job and not for the faint of heart. If you can handle the stress you can make a lot of money.

Advice to Management

Grow and develop talent and don't push unrealistic goals.