AT&T - AT&T is a great place to work for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"AT&T is a great place to work for."

Current Employee - Senior Technical Architect in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Senior Technical Architect in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

AT&t is a company with great benefits, great career opportunities, great work life balance, good management, good compensation benefits and good culture and values.

Cons

AT&T is a company where some positions require commuting to work. This would require some employees to travel to downtown to work. Some positions the compensation is not on par with the competition.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "Awesome entry level job"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Glendale, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This career has many pros. Starting with great pay and a wonderful benefit package. I also enjoy the excellent work environment and meeting new people. The management takes care of their employees and coach them to hit their goals. I love the fact that I get to learn about new devices before they hit the market. This is the best career choice I have made, the management really makes selling fun for our team and I.

Cons

No matter what career you choose, there are always going to be a few cons. Being a Retail Sales Consultant, we are required to sale. Although most of the goals are not too hard to hit, the hardest metric to hit is selling accessories. Living in the Los Angeles area it his hard to compete with down town prices on cases, etc. You are required to sell at least $80 per cell phone that leaves the store. It is not impossible, but it is really hard to do. Also Willing To Recommend(WTR) metric is another hard metric to hit. That is based on the customers experience with the representative and the willingness to recommend At&t to others. I feel this is sometimes in accurate, due to the fact a customer can put a 1 out of 10 just because he/she feels like it.

Advice to Management

Going along with the accessories, I would like to see more cases, etc. that are more appealing to a customers point of view. And make sure that our inventory is stocked at all times. It is hard to sale a case, especially one that you recommend a customer purchase, but we dont have it in stock. Other than that, keep up the great work and lets continue to grow our company. I love working for this company and am glad to be a part of such a great company.

2. "Perpetually pushed to meet ever increasing, unrealistic sales quotas"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Miami Lakes, FL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Miami Lakes, FL

I worked at AT&T part-time (More than a year)

Pros

good pay, doesnt require college education, meet some interesting people. However, many will come and go, as it is a revolving door. Meet some good managers, as they are rotated frequently at the store level.

Cons

highly stressful, high pressure, no work life balance. Many products are rushed out to the public without proper quality control

Advice to Management

ease up on the quotas, and try to set more realistic goals. that way employee morale will increase, and employees would stop being sharks with each other in an over competitive, unhealthy way.