AT&T - I have a job, an iphone, health insurance, and a appreciative client base. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"I have a job, an iphone, health insurance, and a appreciative client base."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Columbia, MD
Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Columbia, MD

Pros

great for networking, health benefits decent, one phone bill less, and I feel I am good at what I do.

Cons

they eat their young. at this point we feel very overworked and very underpaid. a company which used to reward and praise now leads with negativity and threats. they seem to have no concern at this point for the morale of their employees

Advice to Management

if you want the company to present a good image to your public you should think about burning the employees whom deal with the public

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "Not what it used to be."

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

I can still work as hard as I want and as many hours. I do get quite a bit of vacation.

Cons

I started with SWB Wireless over 10 years ago. It was fast moving but you were treated well and compensated according to your accomplishments. The bureaucracy has turned this company into a huge slow moving gorilla. Career opportunities have long dried up. The compensation packages for promotions are often insulting. I constantly feel like my company is trying to fleece me. I am constantly squeezed for more and more performance while my reward was a 0% raise last year after they turned a $12B profit during a huge recession.

Advice to Management

They need to start managing our company with at least some thought to the employees or you will end up with a gigantic company of unhealthy, unethical employees who will do just enough not to get fired. They need to quit making decisions based on the best sales and marketing and build a solid network and market and sell the quality networks. From an engineering perspective we have too many decisions made based on marketing strategies.

2. "great company but commisson changes so much and it not always for the best but is still a good pay at the end"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Orlando, FL

Pros

free cell phone plan, get 401k & benifits, get company to work for when it comes to gift etc...

Cons

meeting, training, and other things can make it hard when you have a kid and no baby sitter

Advice to Management

listen more to the people that work for you.