AT&T - Great Company - Glad to be part of the Team! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"Great Company - Glad to be part of the Team!"

Current Employee - VMAC2
Current Employee - VMAC2

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunity for growth
Company invests in employee education
Good (not great) benefits for management
You would never get to work on some of these deals elsewhere
Work/Life balance is respected. I often work late, but its by choice, I'm not forced to.

Cons

Processes can move progress at a glacial pace. Very innovative with new products services, not so much when trying to improve process.

Advice to Management

Apply the Art of the Possible to process, not just products.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "A lot of expectations set during training that were not supplied in reality."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant

I worked at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Higher than average area wage with potential for higher earnings with commissions. Decent benefits package.

Cons

Monthly objectives seem really high when only one person in the area hits them in a month. Sometimes promises are made that are not kept. Upon leaving the company, I was given inaccurate information from my area manager and information was put in wrong from another manager, shorting me about $600 on my last paycheck.

Advice to Management

CONSISTENCY! Make sure your management teams have the correct information and when false information is given, follow up, don't blame the employee for not researching it further when they were following the chain of command given to them.

"Greedy evil corporation, good pay, horrible job"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AT&T sets you up for success with extensive training and good pay for an entry level position. Good benefits.

Cons

Quotas are hard to hit and the commission is regularly being cut. Customers are regularly in a bad mood due to AT&T constantly finding ways to charge them more fees. Company pretends to be all about the customer, but in fact only cares about profit. Regular role plays and the eyes of management behind you. Required to sell so many products, customers always feel "sold" and no longer trust you. I hated working here and eventually just walked out.

Advice to Management

Stop being such corporate robots