AT&T - Retail Sales Consultant | Glassdoor

"Retail Sales Consultant"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Corbin, KY
Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Corbin, KY

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay for people starting out in retail compared to other retail businesses in my area

Cons

Sales focus constantly changes so what was important to sell last month will not be nearly as important this month.

Advice to Management

Don't penalize employees' pay when a customer wants to lower their bill or are unwilling to recommend AT&T. Don't expect to have much time to spend with your family working here.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "A great place to work."

Former Employee - Call Center in Fleming Island, FL
    Former Employee - Call Center in Fleming Island, FL

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid training, medical, dental and life insurance benefits available. Holiday, vacation, and flex time . Opportunities for advancement, supportive management, numerous resources and tools to assist with creating the best possible experience for the customer.

Cons

I would consider employment here to have been a great learning experience, and have no negative feedback.

2. "Serves Technician Miami"

Current Employee - Technician in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Technician in Miami, FL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Solid career if you have endurance, good attendance, and do not expect much more than a solid paycheck

Cons

The Technicians' performance rating system used for the employee evaluations are flawed.
    A technician is allotted a certain amount of time to complete a service call but most service calls are allotted between 1 to 2 hours to complete. The allotted time includes driving, pre testing, customer call ahead, and many other job tasks before the technician is even at the customer location to work the service request. Focus on closing and completing a job within the allotted time distracts from providing the best customer service and technicians may seem rushed or try to get out of doing the job if it will take too long and negatively affect their job evaluation.

I think excessive hours that are spent by upper management to micro manage using gps ,cell phone records ,and stalking under the pretense of job inspections are a waste of money. Supervisors try to instill fear with threats of poor evaluations or other negative personal records memo that can ultimately result in putting fear into the employee to get him to show that the system is valid and not flawed so efficiency time reports look better.

I believe AT&T directors thinks that the outside plant people ( who have face to face interactions with customers and who work in the copper and fiber cables to bring Internet services and phone service into the homes and Businesses of AT&T customers ) are like factory workers !

AT&T directors need to wake up, look beyond this years end of year bonus, and realize that our customer is our focus . Making our numbers is not the goal!
    we are here to provide service to our customers. We are not here to force a flawed system to show good results So someone gets a bonus.

Advice to Management

I believe you need to listen to your workers more.