AT&T - A great company, with a tremendous amount of opportunity for growth. | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons
  • "Poor work life balance if you have a family due to American working hours" (in 1091 reviews)

• "No work/life balance because work schedule changes daily" (in 313 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"A great company, with a tremendous amount of opportunity for growth."

Former Employee - Business Account Executive in Hanover, MD
Former Employee - Business Account Executive in Hanover, MD

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people. AT&T has some great people in leadership roles who help inspire and grow their downline employees. With great continuous training, employees learn the skills needed to be successful in their current role.

Cons

Just like any other business, AT&T exists to earn a profit. In any sales channel there is pressure to achieve a quantified sales target. Depending on the leaders and managers relevant, most "Cons" would be directly associated with sales pressure.

Advice to Management

Continue to engage sales staff in a positively motivating manner.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Not fun anymore"

Current Employee - Technician
    Current Employee - Technician

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, but they don't outweigh the frustration.

Cons

Over the last three years, the company has instituted policies that don't make any sense to those of us on the front lines. These policies are supposed to increase efficiency and decrease cost, but they are actually doing the opposite in many cases. My manager is miserable and at lease half of my co-workers are either planning to retire early or are actively looking for another job. Twelve years ago, while at SBC I used to have to interact with some techs from AT&T. Now I understand why they were so miserable. The same people who ran the old AT&T into the ground are now doing the same thing to the new AT&T since the purchase by SBC. I will definitely NOT finish my career with this company.

Advice to Management

I have had two requests to go into management. Thank God that I didn't accept either one of them. Didn't you read the results of the recent employee survey? We are not happy with the direction the company is headed. We are not willing to recommend this company to our friends or family. Many of us are looking for another job. You need to come down from your ivory tower and listen to our input every once in a while. We especially find our "commit to customer service excellence" to be hypocritical. If we really cared about the customer, then we would be doing many things a lot differently now.

"Cant really move up unless you know people."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Phila, PA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of chances to make money if you know how to upsell.

Cons

They want you to upsell to everyone and if you have a customer who has everything already they want you to sell them a second phone.

Discover more reviews about AT&T.