AT&T - Not a bad place to grow depending on the relationships you build and the sacrifices you're willing to make. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"Not a bad place to grow depending on the relationships you build and the sacrifices you're willing to make."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities to move within the company.
Decent pay.

Cons

Stress can often be transferred from manager to employee.
Retention.
A stock holder driven company

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees wants and needs

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

"Consider your lifestyle before Joining AT&T"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Honestly, AT&T is a solid place to work. Good pay, good benefits, plenty of locations to move from, the ability to work as a telecommuter (work from home through VPN), and really the general attitude of the company is a happy one. I do not see too many "sad" people at work...and I certainly do not see too many stressed people either. The company is somewhat "soft" on it's employees (no required get togethers, show up when you want, do your work whenever you want, etc...)

Also, extremely flexible hours, quick onboarding, alot of time for family and friends outside of work due to the flexible hours.

-Tons of really cool training on technologies available to us. Mobile communication training is extremely interesting, as is the wireline side of the business.

Cons

As an employee in my 20s, this is certainly not the place for me. Because of telecommuting, the office is extremely lonely. Not very many young people. No company get togethers, not much of a team atmosphere. I have not made one real "friend" in my 1 year of being here. Also, I sometimes have barely any work to do...so I waste my day and feel unproductive afterwards. I absolutely despise my cubicle and the extremely lame people that surround it. I also believe the nature of my job has caused me slight depression. Again, this might be more of a problem with myself.

Like mentioned in the pros section, if you want a good paying job with a ton of extra time outside of work, AT&T is a great place to work. However, if you are the type of person who defines yourself by the work you do, and likes to make friends over the course of a career, AT&T is quite possibly the worst company to work for. The empty offices, dark lighting in COs (buildings with telecommunications equipment), and telecommuting make the work environment feel very unperson able. Do not spend your 20s working here...or even your 30s. Take a job with AT&T if you are in it for the money and benefits, and flexible hours. Not if you want to grow as a person.

Advice to Management

I dont think I have much advice to upper management. In all honesty they do alot to keep their employees happy...it just turns out that my personality type is very different than what they want us to be like. They ask for input...and for the most part they implement the suggestions. I actually kind of wish they would require more things and communication.

2. "down hill"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

company gave up on quality of customers and more and forcing new prouducts down their throats