AT&T - AT&T U-verse is an awesome product and a great team to work with | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"AT&T U-verse is an awesome product and a great team to work with"

Current Employee - IPTV Network Analyst in Irving, TX
Current Employee - IPTV Network Analyst in Irving, TX

Pros

Professional advancement and training is top notch. Achievements are recognized, and innovation is encouraged. Management (for the most part) is VERY supportive, and doesn't fall too deeply into the 'metrics' trap that you see in a lot of other companies.

Cons

Hours can be dicey, and staffing/shift coverage is always a challenge (so scheduling your days off is sometimes hard). HR and personnel issues can take some prodding to resolve, when they come up. It's a big company, with big company issues.

And there's always the problem of the Marketing folks overselling the product features. That happens everywhere.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. In innovative areas, let your people innovate. Try not to stick them into cubbyholes or predefined 'roles', cos that's what the competition does. Rein in the marketing to what we have available, not the 'in theory' stuff; they'll still be able to get their commissions. :)

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

"Big company with small employees"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in San Ramon, CA

Pros

There were good people that worked in my team, some people I still consider friends.

Cons

I no longer work at AT&T because I felt squashed as an employee under the huge corporate overhead. As a software developer, I never felt like I was really making a difference. They spent so much money on useless projects that never really amounted to any real success online. So much effort was put into a new ordering system, which was scraped only months after the first go-live date. There really is nothing that the management can do to keep top performers because raises are capped and the salaries are so low that the best they can do is the bottom of the barrel, talented developers always leave.

Advice to Management

Try harder to keep your top performers, and offer competitive salaries for top performers regardless of what their current salary was. I started as an intern and quickly became a top performer, so my salary started low because it was my first job. Even though management wanted to keep me, there was nothing they could do because my salary was so low to begin with, and raises were always based on percentages of current salary with a max percentage of 10% (according to my manager??)

2. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Temple City, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Temple City, CA

Pros

Very Good Pay
    Great Benefeits
    Union
    Great Training
    Great advancement opportunities,

Cons

Company does not play fair when it comes to policy
    I was Termionated due to co-worker physically attacking me. Even though video showed I was innocent

Advice to Management

Treat your employees more like people not a number